Priceline Hotel: which zone recommended near IAD airport?

nessasc1
By nessasc1,
in

Hello,

Do you have recommendations for a zone near IAD airport? I would like at least a 3.5* hotel and pay less than $75. It is my last nite in DC and need to move further out from downtown area do the price jump for September 19th.

I have tried arlington, dupont, white house and capital hill up to $100.

If you just put "iad" in the Priceline city when bidding, it will take you to the zones around the airport. The two closest are Dulles North and Dulles South.

I've bid successfully in the Dulles South - Chantilly zone this past March. Got a 3* Hyatt for $58. It had shuttle to the airport, and then I used a city bus to downtown. There also is a Dulles North zone. I'd guess most of them would have shuttles to the airport, but it might be a good idea to check the possible hotels from the hotel list against their web sites to confirm.

One way to pull up lots of the bidding reports is to enter "dulles north" or "dulles south" in the Quick Search box above.

I was puzzled about the location of these hotels in betterbidding, until I finally figured out the Priceline reportings are in the Virginia state group. The Hotwire ones are in the Washington, DC group.

Romelle

If you look at the zones on the PRICELINE map, are both Dulles North and Dulles South acceptable... or just one of these?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hi Thereuare,

I have no preference over the zones. Which one would be more convenient coming from Penn Quarter area? Does one zone have better local dining options?

Hi Thereuare,

I have no preference over the zones. Which one would be more convenient coming from Penn Quarter area? Does one zone have better local dining options?

Assuming you are riding public transportation, I'd guess it would be a toss-up, as the main route will be to the airport, and then you would hook a shuttle to the specific hotel. If you look at the Priceline map of the zones and zoom in a little, the North zone is more snugged up right against the airport, but it is bigger so it would be possible to be the same distance away as the South zone.

One fairly easy way to answer that dining option question is to pull up the list of reported hotels for the two zones (first post in the Virginia - Priceline area). Then go to the web sites of the reported higher star hotels. Those web sites tend to have lists of the local restaurants.

The Hyatt in Chantilly (3* Dulles South) had this list:

Texas Roadhouse :

Thanks Romelle! Your tips are excellent and gave me insight on how to do research on the zones. I'm thinking of renting a one way car to the hotel that day.

Not sure if i need to start a separate thread, but does any one have any idea what the following hotel may be as listed on hotwire?

Reston - Sterling - Dulles Intl Airport IAD North area $64 a nite 4.5/5 on tripadvisor.

This Hotel features the following amenities:

• Boutique Hotel
  • Airport Shuttle
  • Complimentary Breakfast
  • Fitness Center
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Business Center
  • Laundry Facilities (self-service)
  • High-Speed Internet Access

Is the HOTWIRE property above 3 star rated?

If so, this property has not yet been reported to the board, but the Hotel Sierra seems like a very good fit and that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]