Star ratings and name your own price

MaryBerns
By MaryBerns,
in

I have noticed that Priceline has different star ratings than other sites. If I were to use the Name Your Own Price tool to book a hotel and request a 3*, would it be PRICELINE's 3* or just a hotel that calls itself a 3*? It may seem like a silly question but I noticed that what Priceline calls a 1* some other sites call a 2* so I just want to be sure I atleast have an idea as to what type of hotel I'm booking.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Many travel services use slightly/moderately different ratings - PRICELINE and HOTWIRE do have different ratings at times, for example. PRICELINE's star ratings on the retail side are the same as on the bidding side, although not all hotels on the retail side participate on the bidding side. Each state sub-section of Betterbidding does have a list of the PRICELINE hotels that have been reported to the board, but star ratings can change at any time and new hotels can be added to the service at any time.

If you need help with your stay, please let us know desired dates, zone/s, star rating, budget and city.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]