SFO -> NYC roundtip for $60. What am I doing wrong

greenmax_bb
By greenmax_bb,
in

Hi,

I have never used Priceline to do a name your own price flight before. I need to fly from SFO -> JFK/LGA on 16th Sept and return on 19th Sep.

As I was bidding, I put in a price of $10. It seems that priceline was ok with this offer and showed me a final offer of $63 with $53 in taxes. At this step Priceline.com wants my credit card number. I am not sure if this is the final price, or if I will be charged a higher price after I enter my credit card number.

Looking forward to your replies.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

PRICELINE has not yet searched for your airfare at this point, you're at the point where PRICELINE is asking you to confirm the details of the bid you're about to submit. Since purchases are non-refundable, they want to confirm all the information is correct before having you submit the bid. As you suspect, your $10 and $60 will certainly be too low.

What is the best deal you're able to find on this route thru conventional booking channels? What is the breakdown between base fare and fees/taxes? How much do you need to save to make an 'opaque' purchase (where you won't know the flight times, connection city, length of layover, etc) worthwhile? (especially given that this is only a 3 day stay, and a late in the day departure and early morning return could severely shorten your time in NYC)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]