Priceline Hotel: where to stay

abrahams
By abrahams,
in

Arriving in Dulles on Friday June 17 around 8 PM. Planning to do sightseeing on Saturday. probably use one of the city tours. Leaving on Sunday at 7 PM from Dulles.

Does it make sense to stay near the airport and go into the city on Saturday or will it be better to stay in the city ? How easy is it to get into the city from Dulles with a toddler in my arms ?

Hi there, and welcome to BetterBidding!

If coming to experience the uniqueness of the city, I say might as well stay in town. The suburbs near the airport are much like any other suburban area. If staying by the airport, you'd have to commute in for the tour anyway, which would probably be harder than leaving for DC directly from the airport if using public transportation.

Here are your ground transportation options from Dulles. The fastest method into town, a cab ride, will take about 50 minutes.

In D.C. you will usually find lower room rates on Friday and Saturday nights, for example the Grand Hyatt has rates from $139 for your dates, whereas weekdays start at around $289 (rates shown from their website) BTW, they have no availablity the nights of the 19th & 20th!

I would say stay in town, ride the metro - lots to see and do! My family will be in D.C. from the 18th to 21st, we are staying at the Grand Hyatt at a Priceline rate of $90 (booked almost 3 months ago) We are really looking forward to our trip! Have a great stay, whatever you decide!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]