Priceline Hotel: 3* Kingston Holiday Inn Waterfront

sieundad
By sieundad,
in

I tried 3* for $45 and was rejected

Tried again for $50 with 2* selected ----> rejected again.

I looked up in Expedia and the holiday Inn is sold out for that date. Is there an event on that weekend?

I plan to leave niagara falls in the afternoon of 6/12 and spend night here and take on 1000 island cruise next day and move on to Montreal. Is there better option?

I would appreciate the help

Expedia may be wrong. I checked the Holiday Inn website directly and it shows availability, albeit the rates seem quite high - about $175 Cdn ($140 US) for AAA rate. The Four Points by Sheraton starts at about $200 ($160 US) Cdn.

Also, I think we saw the Holiday Inn come up previously at 2.5* and PL now has only 2* and 3* available for Kingston. However, they may have reclassified the HI to a higher star level....

I think you may be bidding too low given the direct rates. Hotwire doesn't list anything for Kingston, so that isn't an option, unfortunately.

There is a big festival that starts later in the week, maybe that is affecting rates.

Did you want to try bidding on PL again?

If you can bid this again, I would bid $80 for a 3*. I am not sure I would want to bid for a 2* at all, but if so, probably around $60. thereuare may have some thoughts to add....

I think you have a very good chance of getting the 3* at $80 (about half the direct rate). You don't have much time and you will still be saving half the price of booking direct.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I usually start my bids through SavingsBarn.

Thank you very much for all your help!!!

I looked through the Expedia and decided comfort inn as my backup option which was about $70 for AAA rate.

I had my wife bid, starting at 3* $65, which was rejected.

Then added 2* and raised my bid to $70.

Then, PL accepted my offer and upgraded my hotel to 3*, which was...

Holiday Inn Waterfront!!!!!

As I mentioned I gave up on this one, because Expedia said this is not available and hotwire did not have anything at all. I am happy because this is what I wanted in the first place. (Of course I would have been happier if I could get it for $50. Oh well....)

Is it possible for PL to make mistakes? Meaning would it be possible that I do not have a room once I get to Kingston?

That's great that things worked out so well! And smart of you to decide a limit for bidding based on an alternative back-up.

Is it possible for PL to make mistakes? Meaning would it be possible that I do not have a room once I get to Kingston?

thereuare pointed out that Expedia is often wrong with prices and availability lists - if the hotel has rooms available, it has rooms available! It may not have made any available to Expedia, though, if that makes sense. The hotel web site will be the correct resource, not Expedia.

There is always a slight chance that a hotel will overbook and will not have a room for you when you arrive, but that is highly unlikely. If they did, they would find alternate accommodation for you.

If you are concerned, call the hotel to confirm your booking. You can also request single/double bed, smoking/non-smoking at the same time. Ask them how fully booked they are for your dates. If they are really really busy, you can try and get there by late afternoon to ensure they don't walk you.

But it is pretty rare that people have problems with their PL hotel this way!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]