Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Maui (Ka'anapali) Hyatt Regency

hooperon
By hooperon,
in

Yes, I know I shouldn't use Hotwire if I really want the Hyatt, but reading thru these threads it seems a pretty sure thing to get that hotel if the amenities match. Does this sound like its a relatively "sure bet" to be the Hyatt???

Hotwire has a 4.5* for $217 for these dates. Amenities: Resort, Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Spa, Childrens Activities, Golf nearby, tennis nearby, business center, self-serve laundry.

Its a "customer favorite" with these words in the reviews:

"I travel very much and this is the most beautiful hotel that I have stayed in for this price. The swimming pool was the biggest attraction, with a slide and waterfalls. The entire hotel was spotless and the shopping and restaurants were also great. We enjoyed this hotel very much!"

"You won't be disappointed This is the best resort and spa and beachfront in the entire area. Definitely a five-star experience. The rooms were comfortable but the real luxury was the exterior grounds and ocean views."

As I said before, we really want the Hyatt and I was ready to make reservations on Hyatt.com. Cheapest rate was $268 (AAA rate). But if I can be reasonably sure to get it for $217, I might take the chance.

I also checked the "package" section on Hotwire if that might help identify anything. Using Honolulu as the departure point, two 4.5* resorts were listed:

Hyatt: $879 pp

Westin: $816 pp

What do you think??

Diane

I would think the Hyatt is likely... but nothing is guaranteed.

Here is one way to play it...

Do a search for 9/25 only (or 9/25-9/27) and see if the Customer Favorite designation appears. Then do another search for 9/26-9/30 (or 9/27-9/30, depending upon your previous choice) and see if the same hotel appears again (with any overlap of the Customer Favorite comments). If you see any of the same comments repeated on both searches, then you know you're looking at the same property.

Proceed to make the first purchase (either the first nite or the first 2 nites) in order to 'look behind the curtain' and know the id of the property. If it is the Hyatt proceed to buy the remaining nites... if it is the Westin or some other property, i'm sure it will be 'ok' for one or two days there and you can proceed to book the balance of your stay direct at Hyatt.com (please use this link if you choose to do so)

Let us know if you have any questions and/or what you decide to do.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I went back to Hotwire to run the checks you suggested, and it kept giving me a screen where I had to register to go any further (after I identified the area I was interested in). Hmmmm. Maybe they noticed I've been checking hotels a lot today and want me to sign up! Anyhow I went in through a different browser and this time it worked as usual.

When I checked out all the different date options you suggested, I kept getting the same hotel with the same amenities and with the note "customer favorite". The 3 customer remarks were the same for all the different date options. However, only one of the 3 comments was one that I had seen previously, the other 2 were new -- do they keep changing the customer comments?. The other thing that caught my eye was that all but one of the date combinations showed the hotel at $217. But the rate was $212 for 9/26 thru 9/30.

Because of those differences, I'm still debating on taking a chance on trying for the first night only. If I do, I will certainly use your link.

Thanks,

Diane

Success!

I went ahead and purchased all 5 nights because we decided to accept whatever we got! And we did get the Hyatt, so that is great. Thanks for all your help and I did use the SavingsBarn.com link.

Details:

9/25-30, Hyatt Regency Maui, 4 1/2*, "customer favorite"

$217 a night (Lowest rate on Hyatt website was $268/night AAA rate).

Amenities:

Resort, Beachfront, restaurant, pool, fitness, spa, childrens activities, golf nearby, tennis nearby, business center, self-service laundry.

Thanks,

Diane

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]