Priceline Hotel: Bidding 4* and 3.5* in Philadelphia downtown

thais fernandes
By thais fernandes,
in

:)

I started with 4* and a US$ 70.00 bid, though priceline advised me I had few chances. Rebidded increasing my offer in US$ 5.00 each time, up to US$ 90.00 and including all zones that didn't have 3.5* hotels (because I didn't fell like starting all over again when I had to bid for the 3.5*).

No success.

Then offered US$ 60.00 for a 3.5*. No success.

I will try tomorrow once again.

If I focus in 3.5* I will change a little bit my strategy to be able to bid more time on 3.5*.

Oh, yes! It seems that I'm very far (unfortunately). At first I was relying on the bids I've seem here (not sure whether the dates change would make any huge difference) and I was happy to know that I could pick a Marriott stay for as low as US$60.00!

Apart from downtown, which area would you reccommend for tourist (no driving, please)?

Or I will be really better off in downtown?

I guess I have to wait for lower prices. My highest 4* bid was US$120.00 and my 3.5* was US$80.00 with no success.

I already have a reservation made through booking.com in Independent hotel with breakfast and internet.

I will keep repeating my bids in a lower range (up to US$80.00 in 3.5* and US$100.00 for 4*).

I want a bargain like those ones I've seem here.

• 4 weeks later...

Something really huge must be going on at the begining of November in Philadelphia. Must be a Phisician Congress because the concert event will take place in the 2nd week, not in the 1st.

Hotel retail prices are very high and one almost find no rooms in booking.com.

As far as my biddings are concerned, my highest 3.5* was US$ 120.00 and no success!

I may have to use my Independent Hotel reservation made through booking.com (sorry, found no link here) which has the average rate higher than US$170.00.

Hoping that prices fall down next days.

It looks like rates are higher in the beginning of your stay (Tuesday-Wednesday) and they drop for the weekend. You might consider splitting your bid. Or, there is a. 2* on HOTWIRE for $149 that shows Breakfast, Fitness, and Internet amenities in the Center City East zone. This has a trip advisor rating of 3.5 and is recommended by 80% of HOTWIRE guests. It's possible this is the Comfort Inn.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]