Priceline Hotel: HELP: 4* NYC (MTW) 11/23-11/25

dolphin89
By dolphin89,
in

I plan to take my kids to see the Thanksgiving Parade and the balloon blow-up event at the Central Park this year. So I try to reserve two nights hotel in NYC (11/23-11/24). I prefer to stay at the Hilton NYC, which I had won several bids from the Priceline at very reasonable prices ($95-$110).

However, I check the last year history that post on this forum regarding this hotel, I did not see any winning bid during this period (or other major holidays). Do I miss any thing? Or the hotels won't release any room to Priceline for holiday seasons?

Any comments?

Thanks!

Looking at hotwire for two nights, 11/23-11/25, it doesn't look like your $110 limit will be enough for even a 3* hotel. Rates have gone up, as occupancy rates have increased over the past few years.

Another thing is you cannot target a particular hotel on Priceline. You could get the Hilton NY, or you could get any other 4* property located in the same area. If you need to be in the Hilton, PL may not be your best option.

To keep in mind, this board only has a fraction of all Priceline wins for NYC. Just because a hotel doesn't show up frequently here doesn't mean that the hotels aren't available. Holiday periods may have higher bid amounts that aren't met or people aren't using PL & this board for those dates.

Looks like the Hilton New York is sold out for your dates.

One alternative may be the Beekman in MTE with one bed & pull out couch for

$201/night through the EasyClickTravel Travel search link above.

Not in your desired area, but another option is the Millenium Hilton in lower Manhattan with 2 double beds for $206. This hotel looks close to the Park Place & City hall subway stops. You may have better luck with this hotel on PL to get a 4* in your price range.

If you're going the PL route, NYC has 2 free re-bid areas for the 4* level. You could possibly get the Millenium Hilton under your limit, but again the whole bedding assignment isn't guaranteed until check-in. If you want to try for this, or still shoot for MTW and/or MTE, UM-CPS let us know.

Thanksgiving day is a big draw in NYC and you should expect hotel prices to be at a premium. Lots of people come in to watch the parade (just like you) not to mention all those who come in from out of town to march in the parade need a place to sleep too.

I don't think your $110 maximum bid is realistic.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, I can increase the bid, but by how much?

1) I do not want take any risk to stay a hotel may ruin my family vacation (I just share a room my friend, who did not listen to me and booked the room through the internet, for a hotel in west 43st/7th ave. for $177 (with tax) during a school re-union last weekend at NYC. But the room was horrible

I do not want pay too much for the hotel. I do have a reservation directly from the hilton for Millenium Hilton for $229 plus tax for one night on 11/23. Incidentally, I was told the same thing that the night of 11/23 was sold out at the Hilton NY at this time.

Meaning while, I want to see if I can get a better rate for the Millenium Hilton from PL....

Getting back to this stay...

are you still looking for both nites our just one?

The Millenium Hilton is a very good hotel, but out of the way with it's downtown location.

PS- the rates have now dropped at the Millenium Hilton... cancellable rate is down to $199/nite, so you can cancel and re-book using our HILTON LINK :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]