Chicago Stay

mtnest
By mtnest,
in

We are going to Chicago for the first time and want to stay in a hotel in the downtown area to be in the middle of everything. I have never used Priceline or Hotwire and am not sure if it is really the deal it sounds like or if we are just better off searching hotels and purchasing it directly. Can anyone tell me about experiences they have had with these sites getting a hotel in Chicago and was it really a good deal? Any advice or input is appreciated.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Users in the forum have gotten a ton of deals in Chicago and elsewhere via both services; you can use the search function on the board and enter Chicago to see recent posts/deals.

There are some trade-offs, but for most people they're worth the savings, which are often significant. You do not find the name of the hotel until afterwards, and you cannot guarantee a particular amenity when using PRICELINE. The reservations on both services are non-refundable and cannot be changed once booked. I'd suggest reading this thread: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire.

In some cases, I do think HOTWIRE is a little better/more comfortable for those first using the discount services, as while more expensive than PRICELINE, it's also less opaque - one can make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing based upon the information given.

If you do want to proceed with using either of the discount services, please let us know. Additionally, if you want to book regular rate, I'd also be happy to offer suggestions, as well. Please provide date/s of travel and desired budget per night.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]