Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North) InterContinental

DwB
By DwB,
in

FYI regarding 4* Chicago (Loop) for those dates:

Priceline is showing a special deal listed in the Last Minute Pricebreaker Deals section. This offer is only available for one more day. It offers a 4* hotel in the Chicago loop area for $67 with a stay required between Sept 26-Oct 10.

I was tempted by this because I was looking for a hotel that fit the area/dates but I was too timid to pull the trigger. I am used to blind bidding in PL but have never tried one of the special deals. It may work for others, though.

I think you're very close in the NMA-River North area and would proceed higher by $3's. I think you're likely looking at $115-135 in the Loop area. It's the last night that's the problem - if you look up 9/29-10/1 on HOTWIRE separately, there's a 4* in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area for $110, but it becomes getting a deal for the much more expensive 10/1-2.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you both for replying.

Any idea which hotel is the Priceline Elite Hotel Sale in the Millenium Loop area with the following amenities:

24-hour Fitness Center, Walking distance to Millennium Park and the Chicago River, multiple restaurants, Plasma TV, in room safe, deluxe bedding.

Is the Elite Sales pitch to be trusted i.e. that the hotel is handpicked with great customer reivews? 67 bucks sounds too good to be true for a decent 4*!

Thanks again!

As with bidding, there's no way to know which hotel this may be - however, $67 isn't totally unusual with some properties, such as the commonly seen Hyatt.

I don't think there's a "bad" 4* in the downtown area (although there are a few "lesser"/so-so ones, such as the Whitehall; I'm not a real fan of the Sheraton, either and HOTWIRE's 4* rating of the Allerton seems questionable to me), and it becomes a matter of aspects such as value, how long you're going to be in the room, etc. If you can get a 4* in Chicago during what is a traditionally busy Fall season for $67, I really don't think that's a bad deal in the slightest. If you aren't going to be in the room a lot, all the better reason to just grab a great price.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

North Mich... 4* $138 X

Add Franklin $141 X

Add Hyde P $144 X

Add Lincoln P $147 X

Add Midway $150 X

Add Midway $155 ACCEPTED

Thanks for your help

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night):$155.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms:1

Number of Guests Per Room:2

Number of Nights:3

Room Subtotal:$465.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees:$83.19 (USD)

Total Room Cost:$548.19 (USD)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]