Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Indianapolis (Downtown) Courtyard by Marriott

Hippygal
By Hippygal,
in

Well, it looks as though the Courtyard by Marriott has joined in on the 2.5* rating in the downtown area! I went to go extend my stay, and got this hotel :)

HOWEVER, it is in the same parking lot- just not on the canal (and no social hour/free breakfast).

But it is a good deal at this rate, since usually it goes for $159.00 a night!

:) OH GOSH! LOL!!!

I went across the parking lot to check out the Courtyard, and when I got there it said Courtyard Capitol. I thought to myself..hmmm....that doesn't ring a bell.

So came back, checked my receipt and sure enough it is actually:

Courtyard Downtown

501 West Washington Street

Indianapolis

Sorry for the goof!

I have to warn all that are interested in this hotel downtown on West Washington Street.

This hotel is OLD, the rooms remind me of an older Fairfield Inn or just older hotel.

The work out room- forget it.. might as well walk the canal. Two pieces of equipment, and those were busted! LOL!

Outdoor pool only, no whirlpool. Touts itself as having a garden patio.. the pictures show lush greenery.. uh.. not sure what happened to the lush...lol

Business center is open in the lobby, no phone and limited space to work.

However the good things about this hotel is location, location, location! It is right across from the zoo, museums and canal on one side and the RCA dome (down one block) and Victory Field on the other.

You couldn't ask for a much better location at this price.

TGI Friday's is attached to the hotel.

Some of the rooms have balconies overlooking the lush pool area :). I would ask for one of these rooms if you get lucky. There are only a few available. I got a balcony with my room (yay!). However, my view was of a wall..LOL I could see the skyline during the day reflected in the windows that were on the wall.. kewl. LOL and if I peered to the far left, I could see the beginning of the pool LOL

Hotel Staff was VERY friendly!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]