Hotwire Hotel: 10/20/2011 to 10/24/2011 any * - strategy and tips?

twotterdhc6
By twotterdhc6,
in

Hi all, thanks for all the valuable information you have provided here.

I need a place for 4 people in Boston, arriving 10/20/2011 and checking out 10/24/2011. Dates are firm, as the flights have already been booked.

Star rating and amenities are not a big concern. Location is the main priority (near downtown, or close to a subway station that can take me there in no more than 15 mins); price is second priority.

Hoping for a per night $ of low 100s, but I guess up to $150 would be fine. Hotwire isn't giving me anything good at the moment...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The issue with PRICELINE is that it only guarantees double occupancy/1 bed; if you search on HOTWIRE for 4, you should get some form of bedding (2 beds or 1+sofa, etc) for the entire party. Is the risk of one bed on PRICELINE okay? Rates on HOTWIRE are on the high side, and unfortunately I think $150 for the core downtown areas may not be realistic.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I don't think i understand your gameplan... if you bid and win on PRICELINE, you'll then cancel your back-up reservation, correct?

If that is the case, what if the hotel you receive can only accommodate double occupancy?

If you decide to move forward with PRICELINE, which zones (by PRICELINE name) are you willing to accept and what star rating do you want to try for... we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will have a backup reservation that I can cancel up to 48 hours to arrival day.

Just thinking if I get lucky with an aggressive bid, then I won't mind splitting the group (ie: take 2 people off from the backup reservation)

I'm hoping for 3* at around $100, or 2-2.5* at $80-90? There were wins last year in this price range during the same time period, so hoping for similar results...

I think I'll start with zones 1,2,5,9, then expand to 6 and 11 if required. Thanks.

Just thinking if I get lucky with an aggressive bid, then I won't mind splitting the group (ie: take 2 people off from the backup reservation)
Why not just bid for 2 rooms so that if you get a great deal it's for everyone in your group and then fully cancel the back-up reservation?

Where and how much is your back-up plan?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's a quad room at 40 Berkeley for $140/night. Price is ok, but obviously prefer something nicer if possible.

Actually, prices on Hotwire seem to have dropped a bit. I'd probably have better luck there than taking my chances with multiple occupancy with Priceline.

While I'm here, can anyone ID a Hotwire listing for me (or should I start a new thread in the approriate forum?)

10/20/2011 to 10/24/2011, 4 adults, 1 room

Cambridge Area Hotel, 3*

- Complimentary Breakfast

- Business Center

- High speed internet access

Recommended in 90 % of Hotwire customer reviews

$166 per room per night.

Thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]