Priceline Hotel: Bidding Assistance - Las Vegas

jhunter23
By jhunter23,
in

I have spent quite a few weeks bidding on the strip and downtown (G Nugget only) with no luck. In all fairness, I am lowballing pretty bad, as I have a nice deal on the Hilton for 4 nights for $155. I have been trying for 3.5/4 stars in the $60-70 range, and 5 star in the $100-110 range. Trying to stay away from the 3 stars due to the high variability of quality.

It seems through your hotel lists and winning bid history, if I stick to North and South Strip (and Condo/Trump) in the 3.5 to 4 star range (and my low dollar offers), I would be probably looking at the Flamingo, Luxor, The Trop, and the Westin.

I have been placing bids for a while (mainly through your search links, sorry I was in a rush a few times :) ) and finally started getting some counter offers today on my $65 and $70 offers w/ 3.5 star minimum. The counter (well it is a free rebid with an increase) is for $85 a night.

What are your thoughts on the most likely hotel to be offering this counter?

As always, thanks for the great site...much better than "unfriendly" offerings!

Thank you for your compliments on Betterbidding! :)

Unfortunately, there's no way to know which hotel is the one offering the counter offer; as with bidding generally, there's no way to guarantee or increase the odds of a particular property. If you are getting an $85 counter at a $70 bid, I will say that I'd really take it slow continuing higher and would move higher by $2's ($72, $74, etc.), as you could likely be very close to a win.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Just FYI, I'm going to be going to Vegas during some of those dates (9/9--9/12), and have had trouble finding anything better through Priceline or Hotwire than my rates at Harrahs, which are good because of deals through their rewards program. My harrahs rates are $87/$87/$50 for the three nights. So..... the $85 night you're being offered is not so bad, and I don't expect you could do much better than that on the strip.

Thanks for post...I am thinking I will just ride out with the Hilton deal, which is great...if you are interested, I know they had a 3 day package as well for dirt cheap, all you do is have to sign up for a player's club card before you check in. I will keep using Hotwire as a general test for rates, and if they dip in the next 3 days, I will consider booking something through PL.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]