Priceline Hotel: 2.5* New Haven (Meriden-Wallingford) Hawthorne Suites

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

First bid of $46 was returned with "bid $9 more" I rejected

Bid of $50 was returned "bid $7 more" I rejected then bid

$55.

Total was for 4 days $245 because I used the $20 bonus ($5 per day)

This Hotel was a Residence Inn. I believe this has not been reported to the board as of yet.

I love the set up of the rooms as they are like mini apartments. Front desk said that all the rooms contain one queen size bed and one pull out couch, which mine did. The bedroom has its own doors so it is private and the living room is separate. Only one bathroom but has two doors so bedroom is still private. My room also has a kitchen and a bathtub in the bathroom. THe pool was open. Many people were here on Monday due to IRENE.

The storm had displaced so many people and Priceline was not offering any rooms in the towns of Orange, Milford, Trumbull, Stratford, Bridgeport, and Shelton. WHile I was searching the prices for hotel rooms were going up and down every 10 minutes till there were no rooms left. At one point I was going to go to Howard Johnson in Milford and the price was $46 then went up to $51 then dissapeared. It was funny to watch. I tried many times to get Orange but the price of that marriot went from $119 to $189 then disapeared. Ive only notice things like this happen on Priceline and not other sites. Just wanted to put in my observations of what happens when so many people are looking for a room at once.

Anyway... This hotel is VERY CLEAN!! wow what a plus. THe beds are so clean and the rug is very clean. Only issue is there are some ants running around that the maintenance says from the rain. I think really its from the food other people left behind but they sprayed and they went away. They offered a new room but i declined since the bed was so clean I did not want to take a chance of getting a room with a dirty sheets and bed. Sorry that is my pet peeve of hotels. LOL!

The pool was crystal clear but super frigid. THe hot tub was not so clean and Luke warm. THe area is nice, it is located in same parking lot as Extended Stay Hotel. The outside of the hotel looks a bit nicer than the inside as it is a very OLD hotel, but clean. Its on the same street as the Hampton Inn, Just have to go down a bit more on the Left. (Bee Street).

I would definitely stay here again!! Breakfast is included and the coffee is EXCELLENT! Kitchen guy even made me some Oatmeal for me when he was not planning on making it today. Very Nice staff here.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and this property is working well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]