Bid won! CVG to DFW

PHIL77
By PHIL77,
in

After lurking for a day or 2 I thought I should post my winning bid in order to help others.

Depart: CVG

Arrive: DFW

Travel Dates: June 28 to July 6

People traveling: 2

Most tickets prices I scanned were between $320 to $330. (Expedia/cheap tickets/AAA travel etc)

Priceline wanted $330 as well per ticket (tax inclusive).

I bid $175 per ticket and won the bid.

Pre-tax was $350 (total) and with tax the total was $440. A savings of $220.

Times were reasonable, and only one layover. Since we are flexible, I think it was well worth the savings. :)

Times were reasonable, and only one layover. Since we are flexible, I think it was well worth the savings. :)

Can you give me an idea of the hours the flights are? I've always been concerned I'd be put on a flight at bad times, a red-eye, or be booked so that I lose a full day or two because of when the flights arrive or depart. Thanks and enjoy your trip!

Good question. I thought about this before bidding. Originally the plan was to travel from a tuesday to the next tuesday, but then I thought about the times. If I didnt travel until late the first tuesday and traveled very early the next tuesday, I'd be losing almost 2 days. So, I changed the dates accordingly. Instead of 7 days, I used 8. As it turns out, the day we leave our flight isnt until 2pm, and we dont arrive until 8:30pm (as I suspected). On the return flight, we'll get back mid-day so it's not that bad.

Just make sure to plan for the worst, hope for the best. I believe they listed the flight hours and it was like 6am to 10pm? not sure......

I can't find the info on the hours but that sounds about right. They do guarantee a certain number of hours at your destination so you have at least that amount of time (It shows the hours when booking the flight before you bid). Of course that includes sleep time as well.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]