TOP SECRET: 4* San Francisco (Moscone-Soma) Westin Market Street

izimba
By izimba,
in

I can't figure this out. It's a 4*, area described as Moscone Center and SOMA. Has a traveler rating of 4 smiley faces and rates 3 out of 5 for Value for Money and 5 out of 5 for Bed Comfort. But I don't see a hotel in the neighborhood with those Travelocity ratings or with relatively low rates for these nights. Can anyone help? Thanks.

I haven't seen anyone report this property to the board... the Westin San Francisco Market Street is a guess but i'm far from certain.

Since this a multi-nite stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or our Travelocity link if you decide to go that route.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I booked it, and it is indeed the Westin San Francisco Market Street. With taxes and fees, I got two nights for $425.66.

I accessed Travelocity through your link. But first, I tried Priceline. I bid up to $178 for a 4* hotel in the Embarcadero, Moscone Center-SOMA, Union Sq. East and Union Sq. West zones but was unsuccessful. A Priceline bid of $178 would have given me the same final price as the Travelocity deal.

I had made a reservation for the Powell Hotel but decided to abandon that after reading the many reviews about bedbugs. Incidentally, when I called the Powell to cancel, the front desk asked why and I mentioned that I found all the reports of bedbugs disturbing. The employee simply said, "OK," and then moved on to the business of trying to find my reservation. So I think I made the right choice.

This would appear to be a very good deal for a weekend in which most San Francisco hotels are completely booked. The lowest rate on the Westin's website for these nights is $291, for a total of $673.72.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel guessed and are pleased with the results... a nice win for these difficult nites.

Thanks for placing your bids with the board's PRICELINE links and make your purchase with the Travelocity link.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]