Hotwire Hotel: Manhattan Hotel Questions

crashtx1
By crashtx1,
in

My wife and two kids and I are going to be staying in Manhattan 6/28 through 7/1. We did our typical over analysis of hotels until we were just about crazy. We were scared off from using Priceline because of our desire to be sure we have 2 beds in the room. Here are my questions:

1) We tracked the various Hilton owned hotels on their web site, and booked the Doubletree Metropolitan basic

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Like any other commodity, hotel rates in NYC are based upon supply and demand. The rate could have jumped because the hotel just booked a large block of rooms to a tour gruop or simply because they reaced the next level of occupancy which caused them to raise their rates.

The Affinia Dumont is a great hotel. Closest subway is the 6 train. Great burgers nearby at the Jackson Hole Wyoming on 35th St and Third Ave.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the information. This is a great site.

We are at the Affinia 50, not the Affinia Dumont. I believe the Dumont is a little higher rated hotel then the Affinia 50. Any experience with the Affinia 50? I've traded emails with the hotel mananger(trying to arrange a second American Girl Doll package) and he has been very nice and helpful. I will check for the Jackson Hole Wyoming anyway. I love a good burger.

Odd the reviews on the Metropolitan are really mixed, but most of the bad ones seem to be from before the Doubletree took over. Too bad I cannot 'sublet' the room and make a profit. :)

We really sort of messed on by not booking the whole NY thing early. We could have gotten the Doubletree Suites for $289 or even the Waldorf for $209 had we book earlier. However, I think the Affinia 50 sounds like a good match for us.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]