Hotwire Hotel: 3* Williamsburg (Colonial-Busch Gardens) Holiday Inn Express

cso
By cso,
in

Booked 3* that stated 100% customer satisfaction rating.

I can not find this hotel on the regular hotwire site to confirm the 100% satisfaction rating and trip advisor is only showing 3.5 out of 5 satisfaction with several recent negative reviews. I called a customer service representative and she told me there was no way for me to confirm it has a 100% customer satisfaction. I told her I believe that they should be able to provide proof of what they advertise and asked to be transferred to any 3* in williamsburg that showed 100% customer satisfaction reviews on their site and was refused. I also sent the request in writing. Do I have any options as I feel like this is bait and switch?

Date of stay 9/4/11

Price paid $72+ hotwire taxes/fees

1452 Richmond Road

Williamsburg, VA, 23185

Amenities

Fitness CenterPool(s)Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to see you're disappointed with the results, but i'm not sure you have much recourse in this situation. You can try to speak to HOTWIRE again and show them the recent negative reviews you have read and how this is not consistent with the 100% recommendation of the property you purchased. If you do pursue this further let us know if you make any progress.

Feel free to ask the board for help before any future opaque travel purchases.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay... hope it goes better then you expect.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I followed up with hotwire by email asking for proof of the 100% customer satisfaction as I was concerned due to trip advisor reviews. They did not address my concern in the email and just responded it was a 3*. It seems they believe they can advertise any customer satisfaction level they want without being required to show any support for the information.

Stayed at the hotel and I do not recommend it. In my opinion it is not a 3* and I gave it a very low customer satisfaction rating. Partly due to the odor in the lobby and room but primarily due to the hair& mold on the shower ceiling, filthy shower floor, dated matresses, and outdoor furniture & trash cans mixed with wood furniture in the lobby. Based on this experience, I will not use Hotwire again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]