Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Schaumburg-Arlington Ht) Sheraton NW

scrubmonkey
By scrubmonkey,
in

Schaumburg - Arlington Heights

3.5* Rating

Amenities: Rest, Pool, Fitness, Tennis, Business

$66/night

3 Great reviews, one mentions that the pool and gym were just like a health club.

I plan on taking a trip with a buddy to Chicago just to get away and relax, looking for a hotel in the Chicago area that has a nice pool. Trying to keep the cost down and get the most for my money, any ideas?

This is strictly a guess - perhaps this is the Eaglewood Resort in Itasca? It's been previously reported with the same star rating and all the same amenities except for the tennis. I've stayed there several times and the large pool is in a separate building along with a salon/spa, health club, and 6 lane bowling alley. The facilities are quite nice - there's also a golf course (so it seems kind of odd that they would list tennis as an amenity and not golf...maybe that would be a dead giveaway???)

After looking at the pinned hotel list for Illinois I think this could also be the Sheraton Northwest in Arlington Heights - it was once found in the Hotwire packages with the exact amenities you mentioned and 4*, but showed up a few months ago in the hotel "wins" with only 3.5* and Restaurant, Pool & Fitness amenities - see this post:

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?act...T&f=86&t=12831&

This hotel also has a nice, big indoor pool.

Both these properties are excellent full service hotels - I've personally stayed at both. If you ended up with either I don't think you'd be disappointed. Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer.

After doing a few other searches for various dates, I see what was last reported as the Sheraton Northwest (3.5*, Restaurant, pool, fitness) showing up somewhat frequently. So I don't think it could possibly be the same as the hotel you saw - still leaning towards Eaglewood Resort OR possibly the Wyndham Northwest in Itasca. The Wyndham is also a very nice hotel, certainly ranks up there with the other two I mentioned, though the pool is a bit smaller.

lindabobhat, nice catch!! :)

That is one reason why we try to keep the historical amenties and use the strikeout technique when we notice changes... sometimes things revert back to their old ways.

scrubmonkey,

Thank for sharing your results and helping us update the board. Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Amenities Listed: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Tennis, Business Center

Listed with 3 reviews

I considered the bid a few times, each time I checked Hotwire it listed 3 reviews for the hotel, but never the same 3, one was always a review I had read previously, but sometimes the others changed. When I placed this bid, one review noted the nice pool and great deal, another noted the nice entry, the third noted that it was a hotel that was much nicer than where they usually stayed. Values in the reviews ranged from 4-5.

Another strange aspect on the bid was that if I had shortened my stay, I could not get this hotel to come up (3.5*, Shaumburg, $64 and tennis) but rather another 3.5* not listing tennis for $68.

This site is great, thanks for the help

Glad I was able to help (well kind of - :) lol.) Hotwire really stumped me this time! After seeing that recent win, I was convinced this couldn't be the Sheraton. But all's well that ends well - if you're happy with your purchase, that's all that matters.

You should definitely check out the horse racing one day when you're out there - Arlington Park is a beautiful facility even if you're not a serious race fan. It's a really nice place to spend the afternoon! There are also some good restaurants/taverns in the Arlington Heights/Palatine area. Let me know if you need any ideas.

Enjoy your visit!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]