Priceline Hotel: New 2 Hotwire. Is the price they show what I pay?

dcsam
By dcsam,
in

I've used Priceline, but am new to Hotwire. I went into their website. Trying to find a 4 1/2 star downtown Seattle hotel for June 20th for 3 nights. The price Hotwire shows as I'm going through their steps is $218. Is there any bidding with Hotwire, or do you just take what they offer?

Thanks much! I know if I spent more time reading all the information here, I'm sure I'd find the answer, but thought I'd see if someone can briefly explain it first.

Caroline

Start here: I'VE NEVER USED PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

If you supply the star rating and amenties that are shown before purchase we will try to help you identify the property. You may also be able to do better via Priceline, for which we can suggest a strategy.

Let us know how you'd like to move forward.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow! You're quick! Thanks for the link. So, with Hotwire, you don't bid - just take the price they're quoting.

Another thing I'm concerned about are the 'rebids'. If I don't get the 4 star in downtown Seattle, then I put in a slightly higher bid for a surrounding area that doesn't have a 4 star? I must be chicken about doing this. They even showed this on the news a few months ago. Does it really work? I usually don't mind the waiting of 72 hours with Priceline, but I may just have to 'guts it out' and give this new method (for me) a try.

Thanks again!

Caroline

Re-Bidding, and how to find out what star ratings are offered in each zone, is explained in PRICELINE RE-BIDDING.

Please read the above thread and ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board. Once you have the concept of re-bidding down, we'll suggest a bidding for strategy for you to follow if you'd like.

If you're interested in the Hotwire hotel you first mentioned, list the star rating and all of the amenities associated with it and we'll try to identify it for you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]