Priceline Airfare Bidding Advice

Wyomingtraveler
By Wyomingtraveler,
in

Hey all

I am in need of some help in using Priceline to bid for airline tickets to go from CPR to FLL next April for a cruise. I have used Priceline for hotels and rental cars, but never for airfares. I am just wondering when I should start bidding and how much to start bidding at. Airfares are starting at $662 out my home airport (CPR), while the airfares out of Denver start at less than $300. I would love to get an airfare out of CPR for less than $500, but if not my consider flying out of DEN for a better fare. Also I would consider flying in and out of MIA or PBI.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

See this Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding thread (in particular the 2nd post)

Keep in mind that deals on airfare are more far and few between then deals on car rentals and hotels, so i'd pick your price and start bidding earlier rather than later (assuming you know 'normal' rates for this route and they are currently inline with historical trends)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

I have had no luck with PRICELINE for my airfare. I started out at $300 but that was not accepted. I then added a $1, as well as the option for non-jet flights. That again was not accepted, so I added $1 again, as well as the option for 2 connections. I continued this strategy using other near by airports and bidding every 2 or 4 days, as time permitted until I got my bid up to $366 ($403 with taxes and fees if I remember right). I am now giving up, as I have seem some fares for $450 with taxes, so I may go that route.

• 4 weeks later...

This is just a follow-up to my first post. Of course as I stated I was hoping to use Priceline to bid a cheap airfare, but that did not workout. Although by using the Expedia link (also available at Travelocity) on the support page of BetterBidding I was able to book my flight to Florida for $429.40 including taxes. United.com wanted $584.90 including taxes for the same flights. I had been watching fares for this trip for several months now and it is the best I have seen (although some else is paying, but still wanted to get him a good price). Just shows that is pays to check out a few sites before booking.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]