Hotwire Hotel: Chances of two double beds in New York

nrathge
By nrathge,
in

Hello, first of all: sorry for my english. Im from Argentina and i speak only a little.

I like your site very much and have read all about Priceline and Hotwire the last few days.

We will be in New York 10/22/2011 to 10/25/2011. We are four, with two girls of 3 and 5 years old.

I know that i cant have guarantee of a doble doble bed room and that new york is specially complicated in that issue, but...

Is there a record o register that in some zone/star the list of hotels are more likely to honor request of quad room?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

PRICELINE only guarantees one bed/double occupancy. This is particularly true in NYC, where using PRICELINE with the hopes of getting more than one bed is a very high risk. You can request two beds with the hotel, but it's unlikely that the hotel will say yes.

HOTWIRE allows one to search for more than two people - if you indicate two adults and two children, then you should get bedding for the entire party - that could mean two beds or one plus sofabed or one plus rollaway. There is no guarantee as to the exact bedding, but you should get bedding for the entire party.

What would be your desired budget per night, and what star rating/zones would you be interested in?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

There is no one zone in NYC where you would increase your chances of receiving a room with two beds... your best/safest option would be to use HOTWIRE where you can designate 2adults/2children in your search.

If you search HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children the closest option to your budget/parameters is a 3* hotel in the Chelsea-Madison Square Garden zone with Breakfast, Fitness, Business, Internet for $255/nite.

This matches previous reports for the Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden, and if correct it gets pretty good reviews. It's a little more / on the high end of your budget, but does include breakfast, if that could help keep some costs down.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your biding, purchases and travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare.

I have a backup reservation at the Milford Plaza from $ 220/night which I made a few days ago (not available anymore).

I think the Holiday Inn Express MSQ hotel is perhaps a little better, but I like the TS area. For this reason, among those two I'll take the Milford. To change would have to find a * 3.5 -* 4, at $ 250 or a 3 * in MTE, MTW-TS-CPS, otherwise I'll take the Milford.

For the same price i would take the Holiday Inn Express over the Milford Plaza (i'd even pay a little more for the Holiday Inn Express over the Milford Plaza)... but it's your trip and you need to be happy with the hotel/area you choose.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Milford Plaza is waaaay past it's prime and generally does not have a good reputation. Any positive reviews basically focus on the price for the location... i think the Holiday Inn Express offers a similar price for a better hotel, the slightly higher expense might be justified given you won't need to pay for breakfast for four each day. Just my .02

As well, as i've commended numerous times on the board, you'll likely find yourself spending much less time in Times Square then you think.

As far as booking now vs. later, nobody can see if current rates/offers will come down in price, go up in price, or disappear entirely; but your situation is made more difficult given that you need quad occupancy, as that in itself usually lowers the number of offerings.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what hotel these would be. We are four travelling to New York City on 10/22/2011 - 10/25/2011.

the description says:

3,5*-star Hotel in Downtown-Soho

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Breakfast, Internet Acces, Bussines Center

the price is 231 USD.

I cant find anything like that in the list. Only a 4star Hotel, but not a 3,5

thanks in advanced.

Another poster appeared to indicate in this NYC Hotwire thread that this was the Best Western Seaport Inn, but they have not yet followed-up w/confirmation. So that property would look to be a definite possibility in this case. HOTWIRE doesn't appear to be working for me at the moment, so I can't double-check the listing for these dates.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally, today i made my final reservation but i didnt use hotwire at the end.

I found a good deal in Expedia (non refundable):

3 nights in the Hampton Inn Empire State Building (35 st)

2 Adults and 2 childs with breakfast,

between 10/22-10/25

U$S 896 tax included

Thanks for your help (and sorry for my poor english :) )

Glad you found something that works for your needs and you're happy with the results... a much better option then the Milford Plaza, imo.

If you didn't, please check for and use the links in our support page for your hotel direct purchases, where we have links to Expedia as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking channels.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]