Hotwire Hotel: 4* Amsterdam (Airport Schiphol) Hilton Airport

kresi
By kresi,
in

hi,

i want to bid on a hotel at the amsterdam airport, but i want to avoid the nh hotel.

is there any way to do that?

the cheapest hotel in that area that some people here won is the nh hotel, but it's a 4 star just like most of the other hotels.

i need a room for 1 night (check-in is august 27, 2011).

or should i just go with HOTWIRE? they have the hilton amsterdam airport for $111 right now.

thanks

There isn't any way to avoid a particular hotel when bidding a PRICELINE zone. Even if you were to bid a lower star level, it is possible to get an upgrade.

I haven't stayed at the Amsterdam NH, but have stayed with them in other cities. A little different than a more traditional hotel - sleek contemporary styling usually, but the functionality was there.

The various possible hotels seem to be coming up fairly randomly too. Sometimes one can take a chance on the fact that there seems to be a streak of a certain one happening. Not in this case.

HOTWIRE is the only way to gain some control of the situation. Not 100%, but very good odds.

Romelle

I've stayed at the Hilton @ Schipol and it's a great, close hotel for your needs. And that's a great price, too! The nH is listed on lastminutetravel.com for $138.21 for your night, so you've located a great deal! BTW - how did you confirm that Hotwire's opaque 4* hotel listed for $111 was the Hilton?

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for, and more importantly, avoided the hotel you didn't want.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]