Priceline Hotel: 4* Dominican Republic (Santo Domingo) InterContinental V Centenario

westcan
By westcan,
in

Back on August 8 tried for 4* hotel in Santo Domingo Dominican Republic for 2 nights, August 25 and 26, checkout August 27. Started bidding at $55/night and was turned down but Priceline came back with a $67/night offer. I did not go for it and tried again not quite 24 hours later for $60, but as the 24 hours had not passed by Priceline would not accept the bid. Had to wait another day, then another day (I don't get Priceline it seems if you bid before the 24 hours are up then you have to wait another 24 hours).

Anyway, I finally got 2 nights at the Hotel Intercontinental V Centenario for $60/night, with taxes the two nights will cost $147.80

Tried to post this way back around August 12 but had internet troubles, then forgot.

Used the PRICELINE link from this forum.

Next problem - there is a hurricane about to hit the caribbean and I might not be able to make the trip. I don't think Priceline will do anything for me if I have to cancel those hotel dates.

• 4 weeks later...

Follow up:

I emailed Priceline with my concerns about the hurricane, and they sent me a customer service # to call.

Called them a day or so later ant yes, they would have allowed me to cancel the room at no charge - what they said was that the hotel would have allowed it. However things were looking better weather-wise though, so I didn't bother.

As it turned out, I had no trouble whatsover from the hurricane; it was long past when I got there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]