Hotwire Hotel: 4* Boston (Quincy Mkt-Fincial Dist) Wyndham Boston

redni
By redni,
in

Hi,

Greetings from UK :)

I'm a refugee from the other place - been shouted at too many times and have now (gladly) found this forum.

I've used PL a couple of times before on trips to USA and worked out reasonable well. With 2A + 2C its been a case of crossed fingers and being nice (as always!) to hotel to get a 2 double bed room, but worked out OK each time.

Anyway, we're coming over to Boston on 3rd July and will be trying PL for a 4* near centre for 3 nights - question is .... will the rates / availaibility be affected by booking over 4th July? Not sure if hotels will be busier or quieter over the holiday weekend?

Thanks for any feedback.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Do you have any leeway in your travel dates? It sounds like you are already committed to certain dates, regardless...??? If you are thinking of other dates, can you let us know what those would be?

If you do have some flexibility, you can get some idea of the answer to your question by comparing rates for hotels that have come up before for your various dates.... you can see if they are higher or lower for the different dates or not, and that will give you some indication of whether a Priceline bid is likely to be successful at the 'usual rate' or not.

For example, Starwood's site shows $182 for the Westin Copley and $189 for the Sheraton for 7/3-7/06 but the Westin jumps to $239 for 7/7 - 7/10.

We would wish to spend first few days in city before leaving and we plan to pick up a car at the airport for the rest of our two week stay travelling around, so our dates are pretty fixed for the city part of the trip.

I hadn't thought of checking general hotel rates in other sites to compare - thanks for the suggestion :)

One thing I've just picked up is that the Millennium Bostonian is listed (on that other place) as being a 4* in Downtown, but it doesn't appear here. The problem with that hotel is that there doesn't appears to be any rooms with 2 double beds (at standrda rate), so including Downtown in PL isn't now an option. AFAICS, all 4* hotels in Copley have roms with 2 doubles.

The Millennium doesn't come up often on PL for a 4*. Many of the PL wins in Downtown boston are for the Hyatt Regency or Wyndham.

Hotwire is showing a 4* Quincy Market around $112 for 7/3 - 7/6 (2A 2C). This method would give you enough bedding for the 4 people, where Priceline does not guarantee bedding for 4 people. If you're new on Hotwire, use code GIFTCARD06 to save $10 per night.

4* Quincy Market Customer Favorite

Restaurant, Fitness, High Speed Internet, Business

Thanks, folks. :)

Just checked and this Hotwire deal is $108 if using Firefox browser. :)

Looks like the hotel is the Wyndham Boston ? Anyone agree? Any chance it could be the 3* Club Quarters, Boston?

If I was sure it was the Wyndham Boston I'd go for it - seems a great hotel and guaranteed room for 4 may be worth paying extra (compared with approx rates for PL) for peace of mind

I am new to Hotwire - is the "GIFTCARD06 to save $10 per night" apply to the $108 - ie I pay $98 ? :o

Any other tips or advice for someone who has never used Hotwire before?

BTW, I had tried easyclicktravel.com they showed a hotel at $112 but I reckon its the Boston Marriott Quincy, as the decsr is exactly the same as its site - and hotel only 3* and too far out.

Hotwire - Quincy Market - Financial District

2A + 2C, 1 room, 3 nights from 3rd July 2005

Customer Favorite!

Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center.

$108 per room per night (using Firefox)

This matches both the Wyndham and the Omni Parker, so either are possibilities... although i would lean towards it being the Wyndham based upon the price offered.

The Club Quarters is still rated 3* via the Vacation Packages and the amenties don't match, so i would consider it highly unlikely that the above hotel is the Club Quarters.

Should be no problem using the hotwire coupon code regardless of how you access their site.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for feedback.

I didn't realise that the Omni was potentially in this area, as I see it hasn't been confirmed before. This makes me a bit nervous, as the Omni gets very mixed reviews in Trip Advisor.

Choice I have it to go for this and make sure of a room for 4 (and risk getting Omni) or try PL in a different area (eg Copely) and get a better hotel and possibly better deal but risk not getting a room for 4 (which is unlikey but possible)

Thoughts welcome! :)

Not all of Copley's hotels are "better" than the downtown hotels. The Colonnade Hotel comes up often on priceline, and this hotel has many mixed reviews.

Comparing their direct rates for the Wyndham and the Omni, the Wyndham is about $100 less than the Omni.

The hotel on HW is also listed as a "Customer Favorite" so you can read different reviews by accessing HW by different means (Firefox & IE). Sometimes this will give you clues to what property it may be, but Boston is the 'walking city' so being within walking distance of Faneuil Hall/Government Center isn't a clue for many downtown properties.

2A + 2C, 1 room, 3 nights from 3rd July 2005

Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center.

$108 per room per night (using Firefox) less $10/night promo code GIFTCARD06 (=$98)

(was $112 with IE and $116 with NN!)

1 room(s) @ $108.00 per night x 3 nights = $324.00

Taxes and Fees: $45.95

Hotel Subtotal: $369.95

Additional Savings: $30.00

Total Cost $339.95

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]