Priceline Hotel: 4* Maui (Kaanapali-Lahaina) Westin Kaanapali Ocean Villas

newts
By newts,
in

Hi,

I was wondering if you can suggest which areas are best to bid on and what techniques I should use for the following dates. I'd like to stick to resorts, 5 stars, or at least 4 star hotels. Budget under $150 would be great if possible.

1) Oct 10 - 14, 2011 - Honolulu

2) Oct 14 - 18, 2011 - Kauai

3) Oct 18 - 22, 2011 - Maui

I'm open to paying more technically if $150 is unrealistic, but it seems that I've seen some go through under this.

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Just to confirm, are you looking for three separate stays? If so, it would be greatly appreciated if you could post separate threads for the Honolulu and Kauai stays, and this thread will be for the Maui stay. Which PRICELINE zones within Maui would work best for your travel plans?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi,

Yes, I am looking for three different hotel bookings. I'll post them separately. For Maui, I'd like to stay in either Ka'anapali - Lahaina or Wailea - Mekena.

Again either 4 star deluxe or Resort. By the way.. which one is considered higher on the ranking.. 4 star or Resort? (meaning.. if I pick 4 star.. would it automatically include resorts?) or if I put resort.. does that mean it won't include 4 star deluxe?

Thanks,

Resort is higher rated than 4* (you can think of 'Resort' class as 4.5* in the hierarchy)...

When bidding Resort or 4* in Maui you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort Kaanapali-Lahaina...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Wailea-Makena...

Select Resort Kaanapali-Lahaina and Wailea-Makena...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

If the above is rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE and re-try as follows...

Select 4* Kaanapali-Lahaina...

Select 4* Wailea-Makena...

Select 4* Kaanapali-Lahaina and Wailea-Makena...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Decided to just try for 4* or resort in Kaanapali-Lahaina...

Tried Resort first:

Bid $125, rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, rejected close browser and used link

Then added just 4*

Bid $140, rejected (offered an add $39 offer.... I declined) added re-bid zone...

Bid $145, rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, as i saw other posters in the same month get this amount.... rejected :)

Any other tips you can offer? Id really like to get the hyatt regency if possible.

Thanks

Oops, now I see where I went wrong, since a reort would be higher than a 4*.... good thing I didn't get an accepted offer or else I would have felt bad! In anycase, I do want to stay in Kaanapali, since it looks like the Marriot is the only resort in Wailea that has been reported. It doesn't offer a beach, so I'd hate to get that in worst case scenario.

Since you've already tried up to $148 i would bid as follows, using your TWO re-bid zones:

Select Resort Kaanapali-Lahaina...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Kaanapali-Lahaina...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On the priceline list i dont see any 4* hotels they are all showing as resorts. But on the priceline website if i search for 4*s the Westin comes up. Does that mean if i pick 4* i am likely to get this hotel? Does that mean that the Westin has now changed classification?

Followed your instructions but started off with $150 + $5 bonus cash... Nothing for resorts but ended up getting the Westin Ka'anapali ocean resort villas. Price was $155 + $5 bonus so $160. It looks like it has be reclassified as a 4 star though.

Thx for all your help!

Did you mean the Westin Maui Resort and Spa or the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas? If the latter, then the title of this chain has been changed incorrectly, and this would represent not a reclassification of the Westin Resort and Spa, but a previously unreported win (the Ocean Resort Villas) in the 4* category. Please clarify.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]