Hotwire Hotel: 2* Portland (Wilsonville) Super 8

charneea
By charneea,
in

Amenities - Continental Breakfast, High Speed Internet

Got here tonight. It is not a 2 * hotel. Even a 1 * would be generous in my opinion. Room has mold in the bathroom drains and a rusty tub. Pillows are flat and appear dirty. Additionally, there is no high speed internet. The front desk clerk admitted they do not have it. If this one comes up for you, avoid it.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear this stay isn't going well and it's not what you expected.

If Hi-Speed Internet was listed as an amenity and the hotel does not offer this, i would contact HOTWIRE for some compensation as the property does not offer the amenities listed.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your stay improves.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

An update:

We haven't been able to get Hotwire on the phone, we get put on hold for hours. We have contacted them through e-mail and they are no help. The representative actually LIED to us and said that high speed internet was never listed. We have our confirmation stating it was. They could care less about the unsanitary room. We will never use their service again. I am really disgusted.

HOTWIRE's customer service is actually quite good, but you have to realize that they are also likely swamped at the moment dealing with stranded travelers and canceled trips due to Hurricane Irene hitting the east coast.

However, this is likely going to be a "he said / she said" situation since the hotel does list Hi-Speed Internet access as an amenity on their website. As well, i think you're going to have a tough time arguing this one since Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity all rate this property 2 stars.

While all rooms should be clean, if you do decide to use the opaque providers in the future, it's usually recommended to stick with the higher rated hotels to minimize the hotel not meeting your expectations.

Hope you're future stays are more to your liking.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I am not arguing the star rating with them at this time, it has not come up in our correspondence. My main concern by far is the fact that there was black mold in the drains and pink mildew in the toilet. We have photos. Regarding the Internet, I'm going by what the clerk told me when asked. Additionally, a Hotwire rep told us in an e-mail that it was never listed as an amenity. So she lied, especially if the hotel is listing it.

Normally I would be looking for a higher star room but we were literally only there to sleep. The plan was to drive up at night after work, sleep, leave first thing in the morning for a local event. I didn't feel I needed anything fancy for that. I did expect clean, though. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Oh and I do have an e-mail from Hotwire saying they guarantee a clean, comfortable stay.

I will not use a 3rd party site again. If I could have taken this up with the hotel directly, it would likely be solved already. Instead I'm getting the run around. Lesson learned.

Thank you for your input.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]