Priceline Hotel: 3*-4* 9/30/2011 - 10/03/2011

lohad
By lohad,
in

i am also looking for a place in nyc. i am going to be doing the typical tourist stuff and just want to hop on a subway to get around town. i am thinking downtown, soho, financial district or empire state building area might be cheaper than msg or times square area, but i could be wrong. any ideas for less than $200? i will be arriving and departing penn central station.

thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Don't exclude a zone simply because you think it will be too expensive... including it gives you more bidding opportunities and the worst thing that happens is that you get a hotel in a zone you wanted for less then you expected.

For this stay, are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay? Are you ok with a 15 minute walk to a subway? What about a very small (even by NYC standards) room? What are all the acceptable zones for this trip?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For this stay, are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?
???

If you're willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5 vs. a 3* how high do you want to bid at each star level before lowing your star rating?

Please let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i am willing to pay between 150 and 200, prefer to pay closer to 150 and would love to get a 4* at that price.

How high do you want to bid at the 4* level before lowing your star rating to 3.5*... $200, $150, or some number in between?

The bid amounts above are not very realistic for these dates...

For a 3.5* or 4* in midtown you're likely looking at low/mid-$200's... for a 3* in midtown probably about $200. If you're looking to include Downtown you're probably looking at about $20 less per nite.

We'll of course start low and work your up, but i would be basing your decision based upon the ballpark figures above. Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]