Priceline Hotel: USE/USW - 3.5-4* for 9/12/11 - 9/17/11

iggy84
By iggy84,
in

Hey everyone,

I need some tips on trying to land a nice hotel during the 12-17 of Sept. Preferably would like to stay in the Union Square area and max I'd like to pay is $140/night. I started my bid off low, around $115 but have not been successful. I hear that mid September is usually the busiest time for tourists so I think I might be getting my hopes up. Does anyone have any tips or strategies to land a great hotel around this price range?

Thanks in advance for your help

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages.

Currently it does look like rates are quite a bit beyond your current bidding... what is your maximum bid for this stay? What is the best rate you're able to find thru an acceptable property thru conventional booking channels?

Also, the first 3 nites of your stay are much more expensive then the last 2 nites... is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? (you may be able to get something close to your current budget for the last 2 nites, but the first 3 nites will still likely be much more difficult and require a higher bid and/or lower star rating)

Let us know your thoughts and the other info above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey, I went and bid on hotels based on previous successes on this site.

My dates are sept 12-17,

First bid - USE 4* - bid $125 - no luck

Second - USE+USW 4* - bid 135 - no luck

Third - USE+USW 3.5* - bid 150 - no luck

Fourth - USE+USW+Fisherman Wharf 3.5*- bid -160 - no luck

Fifth - USE+USW+Fisherman Whart+Embarcadero 3* - bid -165 - no luck

I would prefer to keep the stay at the same hotel during my stay just for convenience purposes. Any help with bids?

Rates are date-specific and what is required for one set of dates may not be what it takes to win a month later or even a few days later. Bidding is very much a c ase-by-case situation.

Unfortunately, in this instance, you're likely looking at over $200-225 for a 3.5* and possibly as much as the mid-$200's (and possibly higher) for a 4*. Additionally, these dates unfortunately appear busy across the board, so splitting your stay isn't really an option. Fisherman's Wharf and some areas look slightly-moderately better, but rates do look high in San Fran overall for these dates.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

There is no way to know how much inventory, if any, is available. As noted above, the first 3 nites of your stay are extremely expensive. Have you looked into the cost of an apartment rental?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]