Bid Strategy?

mzjones34
By mzjones34,
in

I'm new to car rental bidding. Any strategy advice would be of great help.

I'm looking for a mid-full size car, 2 days, 07/11 and 07/12. I've already reserved Hertz at a total price (including fees/taxes) of $89... the daily price is $36. (Using the AAA code)

Any advice trying to get a better price on priceline. Hertz has already outbid Hertz on this one.

Thanks!

jj

Using the Orbitz link above i found a few <lesser/no name> agencies (ie- Payless) that have mid-size cars starting at $21/day. Don't know if that's an option for you or not.

Hotwire rates are higher than you're already paying, so i think you'll ultimately end up with sticking with what you've got.

If you want to try Priceline, remember that you'll have a $5.95 fee added to your bid, so you'll need to have a $33 bid accepted just to break even (splitting the fee up between the days). You can try any bid below $33, which may or may not be worth it to you in order to save just a few dollars. Personally, to save $4 i wouldn't tie myself into the non-cancellability factor of Priceline (i realize this rental is only a few days away, but there is always the possibility of flight delays, cancellations, overbookings, bumped from flight, etc). For me, i'd probably have to save $10-15 to make it worthwhile, and i'd bid according to your own comfort level of what the savings is worth (personally, i'd probably go with the $21 rate above from Payless, although i've never heard of them)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]