Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Airport SEA) Doubletree

syzygy
By syzygy,
in

Did anyone try to request a room change in Doubletree?

Just called, the CSR asked me to call priceline first, then i told her that priceline told me to contact them. Then she told me to check avaiblity when I check in.

Called red lion inn and best western inn earlier today, the CSRs were very friendly and changed room immediately.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

What type of room were you assigned? (what did you ask them to change it to?)

I would first just try again in the morning and hope for a different front desk clerk... they could have been swamped at the time you called and didn't want to deal with it at that moment (or just simply in a bad mood). It is also possible that the type of room you requested in often in high demand at that property (and low on supply) so they don't allocate them to customers who book by any means other than their own website and will only assign such a room if available at check-in.

Even if not available at check-in, usual worst case scenario for a multi-nite stay is that they'll change your room after the first nite when such a room becomes available the following day.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- if your Best Western was booked thru Priceline or Hotwire please post the win to the board, thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I got a king size non smoking. And I want to switch to Double Queen. I will try tomorrow. and the day after tomorrow... till they switch for me.

Thanks for all the information. I believe $35 might be the lowest price for 3* airport. Coz i tried $32, $33, $34 (adding different area) got rejected.

I wouldn't suggest you try everyday... it could be this hotel's policy to not change room reservations on stays not booked thru their own website; by calling everyday you're more likely to upset somebody at the hotel and have them flag your reservation... making it much more difficult for you to get what you want once you do arrive to check-in.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When I was checking in last month I requested to be in the "Tower" at this facility and they charged me $10 extra. (Afterwards I didn't see anything better about being in the tower other than more modern furniture and a shorter walk from the front desk.) Another time we've requested one of their rooms with a jacuzzi tub and were told we would have to pay the difference in rate between that room rate and what we paid. Since we paid only $35 through priceline that additional $160+ wasn't worth it! I figured we should have been asked to pay the difference between a standard room and the jacuzzi suite, apparently they did not feel the same!

So.. they seem to be willing to upgrade if you pay the difference but requesting a double doesn't really seem like an upgrade to me. Does their website show a difference in rates between a king & a double? I can't imagine they would have a hard time giving you a double at time of check in. Good luck!

Alison

The hotel only knows what they charged Priceline... not your winning bid amount. So i suppose you could tell them any amount as your winning bid. I'd guess most hotel staff doesn't really understand how the Priceline bidding process works from a consumer's point of view.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]