Hotwire Hotel: 3* Stockton-Modesto (Lathrop-Manteca) Holiday Inn Express Lathrop

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

Hi - researching thru your HOTWIRE link for a hotel in Manteca CA - "Modesto" area....can anyone help identify...

Sept 18 2011 - 1 night - 57.00

Complimentary breakfast

Pool(s)

High Speed internet access

recommended in 100% of Hotwire customer reviews...

also if any one has any thoughts on this other question...flying into SFO Sunday morning @ 11:30 am...renting car thru Enterprise...heading out that day towards Yosemite, hence staying in Modesto area which is on the way....car rentals from SFO airport location are STILL $150.00 higher than the reservation we have renting from "in town" (Mason Sq) Enterprise office...are we adding alot of "time" & aggravation by renting "in town"? We are coming back to San Francisco after 1 week in Yosemite for 4 days in Mason Sq area of SF ( which we found with your help.. :) ..), which lead us towards renting the car from that area, but as I look at the map, we could head out of SFO on Rt 92 - San Mateo bridge vs having to go from downtown over San Fran Bay Bridge on rt 80....is it worth the extra $150.00 to just rent from airport?? We cant rent from the Burlingame Enterprise office, as it is closed on Sundays... :) ...any one familiar with area have any thoughts??? TY!!! Allie

Good morning - just a few updates..etc....sorry...we are renting car in Union Square on Mason st.. :) ...Our hotel in SF when we come back from Yosemite is in USW Nob Hill - Adagio - that awesome $99.00 special you found us!!

found this post.....sounded like a match till I read the amenities... :)

We were looking for a place to crash for one night on the way from San Francisco to Yosemite, and using HOTWIRE link I booked this hotel.

I believe it's new to the Hotwire list for California.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lathrop-South Stockton

15688 South Harlan Road

Lathrop, CA, 95330

(209) 373-2700

Amenities listed:

Complimentary breakfast, Business center, Fitness Center, Self-service laundry facilities, Pool(s), High-speed internet access

Recommended in 95% of Hotwire reviews (I swear it said 100% when I was browsing yesterday

The HOTWIRE property above has not yet been reported to the board. If i were to take a guess, i think the Hampton Inn or a new amenity set for the Holiday Inn would be possible.

If you change your HOTWIRE search to 2adults/2children a 'new' 3* hotel appears with the same price but with:

Breakfast, Fitness, Pool, Business, Laundry, Internet

as well as a 4.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating.

While i think this is the same hotel as above, i would sooner purchase as per above with 2a/2c since the price is the same and if they do happen to be different, you get the comfort of knowing the hotel you're purchasing is 4.5/5.0 rated by Tripadvisor. This amenity set matches previous reports for the Holiday Inn Express, although i'd still say the Hampton Inn is a second possibility.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

As far as renting the car, how will you get from the airport to the rental counter and how much will it cost? After returning the car, how will you then get to your next location? (taxi, train, bus??)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi - I do see the option now with using 2 adults /2children coming up with the amenities you listed which does now match the Holiday Inn Express!!....We would be happy with either the Hampton Inn (i guess it is pretty new) or the Holiday Inn Express as it is getting great reviews!!...I am hoping to avoid the Best Western....just personal experience w/ that chain hasnt been great....are we relatively safe from getting that hotel?...

as for the rental car situation....we will be taking the "bart" into SF from the airport & Enterprise will pick us up from whatever hotel is closest to where we decide to get off...:)....when we return car they will dropp us at the Adagio....

Mostly trying to decide if the trvel/time etc... added to getting car from "in town" is worth the extra time/effort...although ultimately we will be ending up back in downtown SF after the Yosemite leg of the trip, so maybe its worth it to get the car there....

TY Allie

Well...here's the update....

did the 2 adults/2 children per your suggestion...YUP it's the Holiday Inn Express... :) ....very happy...this hotel shows fantastic reviews...

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lathrop-South Stockton

15688 South Harlan Road

Lathrop, CA, 95330

(209) 373-2700

Amenities listed:

Complimentary breakfast, Business center, Fitness Center, Self-service laundry facilities, Pool(s), High-speed internet access

$57.00 room

$11.71 taxes/fees

$68.71 total

vacations rock!!... :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are looking forward to staying at this well reviewed Holiday Inn Express.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]