in

4* Paris Le Meridien Etoile

Your Offer Price: $85.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 5

Subtotal: $425.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $39.59

Total Charges: $464.59

The price on www.lemeridien.com is twin for EUR 199 daily (EUR 995 total).

I first tried 4* Opera Quarter East - Les Halles $85, then added St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse and then Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West.

The cheapest 5* hotel last minute deal on www.hotelclub.net was Villa Montparnasse for EUR 500 total (EUR 100 daily), the cheapest 4* hotel last minute deal on www.hotelclub.net was Opera Bourse Pavillon for EUR 295 total.

I was trying 4* hotel for about a week, in those most central parts of Paris at $80, today I raised it to $85 after the guy who was supposed to rent us an appartment for a week in Marais did a double booking and left us without accomodation.

Hmmm. Any other info I should add?

Hmmm. Any other info I should add?

I think you covered it all.

Thanks for posting and welcome to BetterBidding!

One thing you might want to include in future posts is the approximate conversion rate for euros to dollars so we can compare the euro rates you mentioned. I know there are sites that list the conversion ratios for all currencies, but most people scanning posts here won't bother (also verifies the conversion at the time of your bid, as it may differ substantially 6 months from now when somebody reads your post and tries to compare prices).

THANKS again for sharing your results with us, have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

One thing you might want to include in future posts is the approximate conversion rate for euros to dollars so we can compare the euro rates you mentioned.

Yeah. All the time I was composing the report and searching for the alternative prices I had it in mind and then forgot to include it. :-)

As of today, my bank has conversion rate USD 1 = .88 EUR, or EUR 1 = USD 1.13. That means that my total price is EUR 409.

• 1 month later...

RNH, there are good reviews on TripAdvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1..._de_France.html

The thing is when you bid on Priceline, especially in a large city like Paris, you can't be sure what hotel you will get, although you can specify the star level and zone. If you want to bid for a stay in Paris, you could post some details about your planned stay on another thread, and anyone who can will do their best to help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]