Priceline Hotel: Failed 4* downtown Los Angeles - $85

inspiration100
By inspiration100,
in

Tried bidding up to $85 downtown for a 4* on the 25-28th. I am hoping someone can help tell me what is going on downtown this weekend that is causing the hotel shortage. I also tried $70 for 3.5*. I've never experienced trouble getting a hotel in downtown LA before.

Should I continue bidding and hope get the Omni in the 90 range?

Thoughts/Suggestions?

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

I'm not sure what is happening during this time frame, but HOTWIRE shows nothing in the Downtown zone, so this may ultimately be a very difficult purchase... would any of the other nearby zones work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare. Do you think there is a chance if I wait until closer to the date that downtown hotels will start showing up? This seems far in the future for these hotels to be almost full. Not quite sure what the reasoning is behind it.

I have considered hollywood zone, but I want something around $110 per night with tax. No go for that either.

Also, anyone have any downtown deals they know of through another site?

If there is a major event taking place it would not be out of the ordinary for no rooms to be showing up on HOTWIRE, and the htoels don't need to be full, they just need to think that they'll be able to see all/most of their rooms on their own at full price that they don't give any inventory to HOTWIRE.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have gone up to $85 for 3.5* with no luck as well. Thanks for the info on the concert jdiva. Still looking for any hot deals on the web. I've seen a bookit.com for $120 for the Kyoto Grand, will book that if no one has other suggestions.

It's a little over your $110 budget but LastMinuteTravel has a 4.5* Downtown for $118.72 that appears to be the Marriott. It's "Available", not "On Request"; so it's definitely bookable. LMT's other Downtown options are $200+.

PRICELINE rates the Kyoto Grand 3*, so you might win it for less than bookit's $120 rate bidding 3* on PL.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]