Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (UM/CPS) Hudson Hotel

DANTEBOXER
By DANTEBOXER,
in

I've tried to use priceline in the past, and i never get accepted. this time, I'm trying to get a 4 star in NYC and based on all your posts i've put in a price and they say sorry can't find anyone willing to accept the bid.

maybe i should go down to a 3 star, but what should I expect in a 3 star hotel in nyc?

i'm ignorant to say the least in hotels and travel in general, so if I come across annoying, now ya know.

Ciao

OGM

Rates vary by dates due to anticipated capacity. A low rate for one set of dates may not be valid for other dates, even a few days later.

If you would like assistance, please post your date(s), hotel star level, and preferred locations (MTE/MTW/etc...). Also since you said you had no success, please post what areas you bid on and the date of your bid(s).

I've been looking for 18 june for one night for anything around times square area and above. i'm going to be going to the cubs/yanks game on saturday night.

i've been bidding at 120 for a 4 star. i always felt that was a reach, but what i see to be reading, that was the going rate for a 4star in manhattan.

again, i'm going to be in new york for one day and i was advised to stay by the airport, but in the city instead and i'm trying to do so without taking out a second mortgage.

thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

June has been a busy month for NYC hotels... occupancy, and thus rates, are up. Come in the heart of the summer or at a low occupancy time and your bid amount above would have a decent chance, but it's too low for this particular date.

It's not a 4* hotel by any means, but QUIKBOOK has the Grand Union hotel for $114/nite and the reviews aren't too bad for the price.

I'm assuming you were advised to not stay at the airport, and i'm in agreement... but which airport are you flying in/out of, LGA?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, i give up. i went down to a 3 star hotel for 150 and still rejected.

i'm only there a night and i'd like to keep my hotel costs under 200 with taxes for that saturday night.

i can't believe how people are getting their bids accepted but me. unless they're lying :) which i never thought of until now.

I think you misunderstood me. I went to holiday inn.com and without sweating it out, i could get a room for like 189 (before taxes) just like that.

i thought the whole idea of priceline was to get a 189 a night hotel for alot less. am I wrong? if I am, why would anyone bid with them and not know what they're getting until their card got charged.

am i complaining that i don't understand the system? damn straight I am. if you go to my first post, i claim ingnorance in traveling etc. and as you figured out, I'm not lying.

I basically copied the bidding process in the exact same order as others and keep getting rejected. I figured if I can win one at the 160 price range, and pay about 30 plus bucks in taxes etc, i'll stay within my goal of staying under 200.

The only way I can do that now is to stay by lga, which YOU recommended not to do.

English is my second language, so when I said "ok, I give up", that means, I need help. Sorry for the confusion.

You have a 1 night stay with a Saturday check-in. Previous strategies apply to those particular dates and occupancy levels. Many hotels don't allow Saturday check-in at low rates because they want to sell the room for the entire weekend (Fri - Sun)

If you need help, we need the following information (previously requested in the 1st reply):

1) What areas and levels did you recently bid on?

(You can see this on Priceline > My Trips > select the Request #)

2) When did you bid on these areas?

Here's one possible back-up option: Quality Hotel on Times Square, $152.95 + tax internet rate, 1 Double bed. Certainly not top of the line, but at this point, it meets your budget limit.

As well... the HOLIDAY INN you're quoting at $190/nite is Downtown, so not an apples-to-apples comparison if you've been keeping your bidding parameters to 'above Times Square' as you had previously stated.

You could get a 1BR suite at the Beekman Tower thru for $199 THIS SITE. Puts you a few dollars over you stated budget, but is only $10 more than the Holiday Inn, is a higher rated hotel, is in a better location, and gets very good reviews.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

first and foremost, thanks for everyone that gave me advice and patience as I finally muscled my way through and got a room. the reviews are pretty scary, but what the hell.

I ended up getting the Hudson Hotel on West 58th Street, for 162 after following the advice you gave to others. Puts me under the 200 range and from what I've read, it's in a pretty good location.

again to "thereuare" and "thenewbie" - a sincere thanks for holding my hand through this.

sincerely, OGM

p.s. we're going to the cubs/yanks game and looking for good places to go afterwards. know any place with good margaritas or beers?

I finally scored my hotel in Manhattan under my 200 budget for 162.00 a night.

After numerous 5 dollar increments, starting at 120 for 3 and 4 star hotels, one part of town at a time. I finally gave in last night and began my bid at 140 for Upper Mid Town, Upper East Side and Upper West side. They came back right away and suggested I bid 22 dollars more, bringing my bid to 162.

Accepted right away, however, if they ask you to do this, I would bring it up 12 or 11 dollars and not 22 so quickly. In any event, they accepted it and Hudson Hotel here I come. please note that even though priceline states that their prices are based on two person occupancy, when I called the hotel, they said I'm stuck with a Queen. oh well.

Now, can anyone give me a restaurant / bar to go to that has good margaritas and nice company?

please note that even though priceline states that their prices are based on two person occupancy, when I called the hotel, they said I'm stuck with a Queen. oh well.

Well a Queen bed certainly accommodates 2 people. Unless, you would like their other standard room, a smaller double bed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]