Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* in Kailua - Kona?

Radish
By Radish,
in

Greetings folks!

First post here...thanks for the excellant site!

I am looking at Hotwire for a hotel in Kona (6/19-6/23). After looking at the "Priceline Hotel List - Hawaii" list for Kona, it lists:

Hawaii (Kona)

3* Outrigger Keauhou

3* Royal Kona Resort REVIEW

2* Uncle Billy's Hotel

1* Kona Seaside

Hotwire lists two 3* hotels in the same area (for $105 and $162) and 3.5* for $125. The 3.5* for $125 lists "Resort" as one of its Amenities. I looked-up the Royal Kona Resort on Expedia and found they list it as a 2.5* hotel and room rates can be had starting at $111, so I am not sure if that is the hotel in question? I would much rather it be the Outrigger Keauhou Beach Resort, which Expedia lists as a 3.5* hotel with room rates starting at $180 (but that maybe the 3* for $162 I mentioned above?)...

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks in advance!

This is my first time posting but I've been monitoring this site for a little while. I was looking at this same hotel and think it's the Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa although this hotel has never appeared either in Priceline or Hotwire before. I checked it against the vacation packages and it matches everything for the Sherarton.

The amenties are: hotel, RESORT, oceanfront, pool, near beach, restaurant, pool, fitness center, golf nearby, tennis nearby.

Do you think it's safe to assume this? The RESORT icon appears for the Sheraton in Kona and no where else.

I've never seen anyone talking about this hotel in Priceline? Do you think it will show up or have anyone gotten this hotel on priceline before and if so at what price. The spg website shows this hotel at $169 per night.

Please provide the dates of your own stay and i'll then move it to a new posts... we can't say for certain if you're looking at the same property as the original poster (especially since only one amenity was given in the first post), so we'll keep the threads separate.

Once we have your dates and move the thread we'll take a closer look at what you're seeing.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please include all the amenities that are associted with the hotel you are looking at.

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome!

Sorry! :)

I searched Hotwire for "Big Island" and the dates of: "Check-in: 06/20/2005 Check-out: 06/23/2005".

Kailua - Kona

3.5* Hotel

Amenities: Hotel, Resort, Oceanfront, Near Beach, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Business Center

I am just afraid that it is the "Royal Kona Resort", which goes for $111 on Expedia (the "Priceline Hotel List - Hawaii" thread lists that property as a 3* hotel on the Priceline list for "Hawaii (Kona)"). Expedia lists that hotel as a 2.5* though, which I am sure doesn't mean much as far as Hotwire goes..

Thanks again :).

As of the last known reports, the Royal Kona is rated 3* and does not have the amenities listed above, so i would think the chances are low of the above property being the Royal Kona.

The above does match the Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort and Spa in both amenties and star rating, so that would be our best guess as to this property's identification.

Let us know if we can be of more help and/or how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I saw it with my own eyes... twice! (just double checked! :) )

That would be very strange. I mean, it is a full service resort -- restaurants, activity program, waterslide, etc. Not up there with the mega resorts like the Hilton Waikoloa, but certainly equivalent to the Waikoloa Marriott. It doesn't take much to get 3.5 stars on Hotwire -- a half-way decent airport hotel will do it!

Thanks for all of the input, folks...much appreciated.

I have to mull this one over today...Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort would be decent for 129-discounts, if that is what it turns out to be. It seems like the main thing keeping it from being the Royal Kona Resort is (besides the star rating) the fitness center, as I was able to find most everything else could belong to the RKR (business center, etc.). I REALLY don't want to get stuck there judging by the reviews, especially for that price...

Judging by this Mar 10, 2005 Hotwire press release: at

Below are examples of recently booked hotel deals on Hotwire in popular resort destinations such as Los Cabos, Mexico and Hawaii
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]