Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Ft. Lauderdale (Downtown) Amerisuites

zsjshopping
By zsjshopping,
in

It's never too early to try bidding!!! :)

You just have to have a starting point in mind... for example, take a look at the Priceline hotel lists to get an idea of what types of hotels have been won in the past. Keep in mind you could always end up with a hotel other than these, but it will give you an idea of what type of properties you are most likely to get at each of the different star levels.

Which star level appeals the most, and would you pay a bit more for a 4* than a 3*? If you really want the lowest price, then plan to start at a lower star level. You have lots of time, though, so you can try some lower bids even for 4* properties.

Check a few hotel rates directly from the hotels to see if they seem really high for any reason.

Do you understand free rebids on Priceline? This will give you the max opportunities to bid at the level you wish.

Are you taking a cruise, by the way? This is just one night, right? You sound like you are decided about the Beach zone, but some people do like the downtown zone for pre- or post-cruise stays, also.

I am sure thereuare will have info to add to this.

Thanks Scorp.

You are right we will take a cruise after one night stay. I think we(with 2 kids) would rather spend half a day in Beach area than Downtown.

I did win some hotel bids on priceline.com before. I used some strategies posted here. I would like to know more about starting price in Ft Lauderdale.

Some conflicting information as far as your price limits and such, but i'll try to blend them together to think what is the best scenario given price vs. quality.

I'm not including 2.5* in the strategy as although it may be the cheapest option (in dollar terms), there has not been anything reported at that quality in this zone... so we really don't know what the value is.

Given your original price ranges and your other comments, this is how i would proceed. If you don't agree with something please let us know your thoughts and we'll revise.

At the 3* level you have one re-bid zone available, at the 4* level you have four re-bids available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Select 3* Beach...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Beach and a re-bid zone (any of the four except the one you used above)...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone....

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 6 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]