Priceline Hotel: Moscow

stav
By stav,
in

If you enter "moscow" in the Quick Search box at the top of this page, you will pick up all the prior discussion about it. There is only one successful bid reported. Maybe you will win the second?

A couple years ago, I worked on it for a while and then gave up when it got too expensive for me. Found Holiday Inn Priority Points had a special deal at only 5,000 points, and was able to purchase the extra points I needed. I think they had another similar deal recently. A really nice Holiday Inn just a few blocks from a metro stop.

Romelle

:)

Once I tried it for Jul/11 but I gave it up. I went to a US$180.00 bid and nothing. I considered the fact that they could put me in a very very far hotel even though I truly believed it wouldn't happen. I considered that there was a risk and I still had to pay for break and internet.

I found a very nice rate in Novotel Moscow Centre (R 3200/d, for 2, plus tax) that included the breakfast (early breaks rate). I reccomend it! Breakfast was one of the best I've ever experienced in hotels, they offered me free internet and it's just beside metro entrance. Very easy to move around.

If you're lucky to find such a rate do not hesitate.

You can find Novotel or Accor site using the Support/Travel Links above.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Romelle, however on the priority points website they don't seem to have any hotel rooms in Moscow for 5000 points at the moment. They all require at least 15000 points.

Any other ideas on how to get a good deal on a hotel room in Moscow ?

The next batch of priority point hotels should show up about Sept 15, good through the end of November - assuming HI stays with the same pattern. They get picked over pretty quickly. I'm hoping for one in Istanbul.

The HI I got was easily the equivalent of our US 4*s. Lesnaya. And it shows in Priceline retail as a 3*. Very nice.

If you do go the bidding route, the whole city seemed well served with the Metro. While I never used them, there was also a lot of buses and trams. Even if Moscow is still a single zone, you should be able to get around well no matter when you land.

Have you looked at Hotwire, venere.com, and Hotels.com? If you search on "promo venere" you often can come up with at code good for 4%. If you use 'besmart10' on Hotels.com it is supposed to give a 10% discount.

There are also other links on this site under the Support/Travel tab above.

Do check the conventional rates on the hotel web sites also. Moscow apparently is priced like New York, London, Paris, etc. That 15000 point deal may actually be pretty good.

Romelle

• 5 months later...

Thank you for closing this thread.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and the links in our Support Page for your hotel direct purchases)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Priceline didn't work for Moscow.

Eventually booked through one of the hotel booking websites.

When looking for a hotel in Moscow, I recommend checking various hotel booking websites.

There are quite a few hotels in the 100 euro price range in the center of Moscow.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]