Priceline Hotel: 3 star Courtyard Mariott, Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles

Buba
By Buba,
in

Welcome to the board, Buba.

With Priceline you can't bid for a particular hotel, and there's no strategy that improves your chances of winning a particular hotel. You could win any reported 3* or higher in the zone, or you could be the first to report a new 3*.

If you're okay with any 3* in Santa Monica-Marina Del Rey zone let us know your travel dates and bidding limit and someone will provide a strategy.

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your purchases and searches.

You have TWO rebid zones for 3* in LA. Those are zones that only have hotels less than 3* quality. If you need help ID'ing your two rebid zones feel free to ask.

I suggest $60 for a 3* in Santa Monica-Marina del Rey.

Add rebid zone #1 and bid $72.

Add rebid zone #2 and bid $85.

Please start your bids with this PRICELINE link.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi,

Thanks for your explantion. I indeed need some help to identify the zones. I have tried to do as described somewhere on this board. Checked one by one what the highest star rating is of each zone. However in L.A I don't find any with only 1 or 2 stars.

I see following zones: Downtown, Aiport, West Hollywood, Hollywood, Marina Del Rey, Manhattan, Beaches, Burbank-Glendale or can I use also the one of other cities?

Thanks for your help!

I finally did the following without success. As I have seen that taxes were still added after your bid, I lowered my bid a little bit.

* bid for Marina del Rey @50$

* bid for Marina del Rey, Inglwood @60$

* bid for Marina del Rey, Inglewood and Lawdale @ 65$

but no luck for the moment. Any suggestion what to do now?

If Priceline has a 3* now I think it will be higher than $65, possibly in the $75-95 range.

3* rates for your dates:

Marina Del Rey Hotel $164

Courtyard MDR $189

Hotel Erwin $271

Holiday Inn $351

A bid of $82 would be 50% off the lowest available retail and that's a good deal. Hotwire's lowest price in Santa Monica-MDR is a 1* for $97.

If you want to bid higher you have to wait 24 hours from your last rejected bid to try again. If you don't want to go higher than $65 you could try for a 2.5*, or try some other less expensive zones....$65 could be enough for a 3.5* in Redondo-Manhattan Beach or 3* in Culver City.

I understood that my offer was too low for what I wanted so I have done now follinwg bids yesterday and today but no success yet. As back-up I have taken a room at Motel 6 Hollywood which I can cancel but I would really like to have a nicer hotel.

Yesterday:

50 Marina Del Rey 3

60 Marina Delrey, Inglewood 3

65 Marina Delrey, Inglewood, Lawndale 3

60 Marina Del Rey 2,5

65 Marina Del Rey 2

Opened new window

Marina Del Rey

70 Marina Delrey, Inglewood 3

75 Marina Delrey, Inglewood, Lawndale 3

Today

90 Hollywood 4

100 Hollywood + Culver City 4

Openened new window

90 West Hollywood 4

100 WH+ culver city 4

100 WH+ culver city+ WCC 4

Openened new window

80 Hollywood 3

90 Hollywood+ Inglewood 3

80 Hollywood+ Inglewood+ BV 3

90 Hollywood+ Inglewood+ BV+ Lawnsdale 3

80 Hollywood+ Inglewood+ BV+ Lawnsdale+WCC 3

100 Hollywood 3

100 Hollywood+ BV 3

100 Hollywood+ BV+WCC 3

55 Hollywood+ BV+WCC+culver city 3

60 Culver city+ Inglewood 3

70 Culver city+ Inglewood+ Lawndale 3

75 Culver city+ Inglewood+ Lawndale+WCC 3

80 Culver city+ Inglewood+ Lawndale+WCC+ becerly 3

Any more suggestions?

Hotwire has a 2* in Hollywood for $56 that appears to be the Travelodge Vermont-Sunset.

Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Laundry, Highspeed.

Travelodge would be a step up from Motel 6 Hollywood and for less money. Also Travelodge has free parking and Motel 6 charges.

If you purchase please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get.

I have just checked on tripadvisor and HOTWIRE and you are correct. However on the website my totel stay would around 145$ for 2 nights including tax so not much difference with Hotwire (139$) for 2 nights incl. tax. and for that 6$ I will be sure that it is the right one.

I think I'm going to that. It will be same price as I have paid for Motel 6 but as you say and I will get more for it.

Thanks,

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]