Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Club Quarters

MistryMan
By MistryMan,
in

Been trying for 2 days to land a 3.5* or 4* in SF for Aug 22-24 (2 nights)

Have worked up from $80 to $110/night with no success using rebidding zones etc.

I would be elated to get Hyatt for $80 or even $95.

Does it make a difference if I have a Canadian address?

Should I start with 4* in FW then add Embarcadero or start with both then add USE/USW....

Or just start higher?

Thanks

This forum is amazing. I have learned so much and hopefully will get a great deal here and for LA for Aug 28-30 as well!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Glad you're finding the information here helpful.

Rates are on the high side for these dates... assuming USE, USW, Embarcadero and FW are all acceptable at the 3.5* level, let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Glad you're finding the information here helpful.

Rates are on the high side for these dates... assuming USE, USW, Embarcadero and FW are all acceptable at the 3.5* level, let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yes, USE, USW, Embarcadero and FW are all acceptable at the 3.5* level, max bid would be 120, but staying under 100 is preferable. I think a strategy was posted a few days ago, but i think I didn't follow it right.

Also, not sure if this is the place to post it, but I wanted to PL a car rental from Aug 24 to 30, pick up in SF city and drop off in LAX.

I will always use the links posted here!

Thx

Are these my 5 rebid zones for 3.5*

Civic Center South

Japan Town

Marina Lombard

SOMA - Moscone Center

South SF

Was going to try this strategy posted earlier:

Select 3.5* USE and USW...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* FW and Embarcadero...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* USE and USW and FW...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* USE and USW and Embarcadero...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Embarcadero, FW, USE, USW...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

Thoughts?

You've got four of your five rebids for 3.5* correct. SOMA-Moscone is NOT a rebid zone because S-M has 4* hotels. If you add S-M to 3.5* bids in your desired zones you could win a hotel in SOMA.

Rebid zones are those that only have hotels of lower quality than you're bidding. Since you want a 3.5* you're looking for zones that only go to 3* or less. Your fifth rebid zone is SFO North-San Bruno, not SOMA.

Replace SOMA with SFO North and the posted stratetgy is right. It goes higher than your limit but you stop at any point you like.

Please start your 3.5* round with this PRICELINE link. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Got all the way up to 3.5* Embarcadero, FW, USE, USW with all rebidding zones for $126 that was rejected!

I kinda really want to book something soon so I can start to look at car rentals and activities.

Not sure what to try next.

I am a little frustrated that Sunday night is $80, but Monday to Wed seems to be extra expensive.

Any strategy suggestions?

I am willing to go up to $150 if I have to, but would rather not.

Club Quarters $141/night for 2 nights on 3.5* USE+USW+FW+FD with all rebid zones in play.

It'll be upsetting to see people getting better deals in the next few days, but at least we have something booked and saved a little, I think.

Based on reviews seems like a nice hotel, more businessy and less romantic, but great location.

Certainly not how much I expected to pay, but at least its booked now.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got this stay settled and while perhaps a little more then you originally intended to pay, are overall happy with the results for this fairly busy time period in San Francisco.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]