Priceline Hotel: SF Aug 31 - Sept 6, 4* or 3.5*

tublet
By tublet,
in

Hi there,

I am looking for a 4* (max 125$) or 3.5* (max 110$) in either the Embarcadero or USE or USW (may be willing to pay slightly more as it is labor day weekend).

So far I have tried bidding in 5$ increments, 80-95$ to no avail. for 4* only and 75-85 for 3.5*

My rebid zones for 4* are japantown, FW and civic centre south.

Any tips as how to proceed?

I am using the PRICELINE link FYI.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Unfortunately, these dates are extremely expensive - HOTWIRE is showing nothing available in USE or Embarcadero, and what hotels are available in USW and other zones are as high as $292 for a 4* in USW. The first two dates appear particularly bad, so while there would be the possibility of getting a better win if you split your stay, I'm still concerned that $125/$110 may not be enough for a 3.5*/4*.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have read the message and will do.

Splitting is an option for me.. I would also be willing to pay up to $150ish on the more expensive days to stay at the same hotel for convenience.

I guess if this is not successful, I will up my bid a little more maybe to a MAX max of 150. The quality of the hotel is of more importance to me by a little bit. Do you have any suggestions? As the date gets closer, can I expect the likelihood of my maximum bid to be accepted? If so, how long should i wait before bidding my MAX max of 150?

Thanks so much

For 9/2-9/6 you can probably get something within your current maximum budget (or within a few dollars of it). However, for 8/31-9/2 you're looking at very high rates.

I would also be willing to pay up to $150ish on the more expensive days to stay at the same hotel for convenience.
Since you're not bidding for a specific hotel, and can only choose the minimum star level and zone, there is no way to bid higher to get the same hotel. HOWEVER, as noted above, rates for 8/31-9/2 are very expensive and i think you would be lucky to get any hotel within your current budget parameters (read: i don't think your budget is high enough to win anything in the zones above for these dates)... to expect the same hotel as a previous purchase would not be realistic.

Given the above, how do you want to proceed... do you want to lock in the last 4 nites of your stay now and deal with the remaining two nites on their own, try to get something for 8/31-9/2 first since this may ultimately be out of your budget and you'll need to postpone/cancel the trip and therefore you're not committed to the last four nites, hold out and continue to try bidding for the complete stay?

If you're committed to this trip, my guess is that you'll likely need to consider staying outside of 'downtown' for the first 2 nites or increase your budget significantly for these first 2 nites.

Let us know your thoughts/questions and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would also be willing to pay up to $150ish on the more expensive days to stay at the same hotel for convenience.

The only way to guarantee you'll be at the same hotel all six nights is bid all six together. If you split your bid you'll probably win two different hotels. If you don't want to switch hotels I suggest bidding to your $150 limit for all six nights now.

My rebid zones for 4* are japantown, FW and civic centre south.

You've got three more rebid zones in addtion to the three you listed. Ask if you need help ID'ing your six rebids.

Please start your bids with this PRICELINE link.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]