Priceline Hotel: 1st trip to SF (Honeymoon!) - Need Advice

ponyfan
By ponyfan,
in

I'm hoping to get a nice hotel in early November. I've never been to SF before but I've heard Union Square was a good area and it looked like there were several 4* options there through priceline. Anyone have any other suggestions?

ALSO - I've heard tenderloin district is somewhere you absolutely need to avoid. Are any of the listed hotels near this bad area?

Thanks guys - I've been reading the message board on this site for the last year or so but this is my first post!

Hotels in USW are typically not really in the Tenderloin, they are near the edge. Examples would be Hilton SF, Nikko and Parc 55. Nob Hill, ironically, almost borders the Tenderloin as well.

I have stayed in several of these hotels and did not consider it a big deal. But if you do, you can probably find something in November in another zone further away, say USE or FD/Emb.

Willing to do around $150+/night. Looks like that should be sufficient to get one of these places.
Which zone(s) are you currently bidding, as this may not be as easy as you think.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't know what's happening in SF 11/2-11/5 but something I think because rates are very high. Most 4* are $300+ and some $400+. Lowest 4* I see is the Hilton at $279.

Hotwire has 4* USE @ $272 and 4* USW @ $253.

Is USW your only acceptable zone? If so I suggest bidding to your $150 limit there. Adding more 4* zones like USE and Embarcadero will increase your odds of acceptance too.

If you don't have success to $150 do you have any flexibility to adjust your honeymoon dates? Other November dates show better availability.

Thanks for using the board's PRICELINE link.

Fisherman's Wharf looks quite a bit better for these dates, and there are a number of properties at the 3.5* level (there is not a 4* level in this zone) and based upon the rates I'm seeing, I think you could possibly be successful there at less than $150. You may be able to get a 3.5* in USW/USE for around $150 as well, but I think $150 is going to prove difficult for a 4* in San Fran for these dates. Or if you are able to change dates, other nearby dates may be cheaper.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

From my experience Hotwire in SF has been much cheaper as you get closer to the date. As far a neighborhoods go I would say "depends", are you renting a car (parking at some Union Square hotels can be $50 a night), traveling out of the city, what attractions are you going to do...these all should have a say in where to stay.

From my experience...

pengillyman,

You registered here nealry 2 years ago and this is your first post, if you have a lot of experience with HOTWIRE (and PRICELINE) it would be appreciated if you began to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ponyfan - Based on availability and rates, I also think you should open up your bidding to more zones.

USE, FD/Embarcadero and FW would all be fine areas for an SF trip. Some people also like SOMA and the nicer hotels are all fairly close to Market Street. FD/EMB and FW also have the benefit of being near the water, which can be pleasant. I do have a feeling rates will go down and you have time, I just think you might need to be open to the options.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]