Priceline Hotel: 3* Tinton Falls (Tinton Falls-Eatontown-Long Branch) Doubletree

Oboy
By Oboy,
in

Using your PRICELINE link, I've been bidding 3.5* (up to $90) and 4* (up to $105) in Atlantic City and 3.5* (up to $105) and 3* (up to $95) in Tinton Falls - Eatontown - Long Branch, Hazlet, Neptune and Wall. Looks like prices are much lower during the week than weekends (8/22-26 for $55 in AC!). Quite honestly I didn't want to go above $100. Will I need to bid on 2* hotels to stay below or up to $100?

Thanks!

Friday nights are a bit easier to get in the summer compared to Saturday nights. Looks like you are considering "off shore" locations such as Tinton Falls, Eatontown, etc. You may also want to look at Absecon, Pleasantville and such, you can drive over to an Atlantic City beach, which are still free. The beaches closest to Ventnor are nice and you might even find some street parking.

As you're finding, summer weekends can be very expensive 'down the shore'. I would bid up to your maximum at each star rating and zone that you have bid already (your just about there already) as anything new $100 for 3* or better would seem to be a pretty good deal for this time of year.

From there, if rejected, i think you'll have to consider other zones OR lower your star rating even further if you're going to keep it at $100 or less.

What is the purpose of this stay... is this for a 'beach break'?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, a beach break. I live about 2 hours away, so I am considering just driving back and forth if I can't get a place at my maximum. Just trying to avoid driving in shore traffic more than necessary. I will consider whether I want to go lower star or not. I also definitely think I will try for other off-shore locations before I give up.

I will post my results either way. Thanks for your advice!

Ended up getting 2.5* DoubleTree by Hilton Tinton Falls for $85 by bidding up starting at $75. Tried the "Add a Night" option but was rejected. I did check the hotel's website and there are no rooms available for Saturday night. Am happy to have gotten what actually looks like a nice room in the shore area.

I also did some looking and saw that I can get the Best Western in Hazlet for $89 Saturday night via their website, so I may "extend" my shore stay that way. :-) The BW is well rated on TripAdvisor. Now knowing THAT price vs. my PL win price, I would have booked the BW for both nights just so I don't have to change hotels. I should've done just a little more research before I clicked, but live and learn.

Used your PRICELINE link when bidding. Thanks for the assistance!

Congrats on your success. :)

Excellent deal for this Doubletree property (be sure to get a Doubletree cookie at check-in) and thank you for letting us know about this new PRICELINE property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List. If you do book another night regular rate, please use the site's BEST WESTERN links in the Support/Travel section.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]