Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Airport SEA) Doubletree

AinA
By AinA,
in

I was denied at $47 night for two nights, June 7, 2005-June 9, 2005. I need to rent a car so I figured I would stay in the Renton/Kent area for free parking.

I started my bidding with just the Renton - Kent zone at $31. Declined, I added Bothell, Lake Union, Lynnwood, University & finally Downtown upping by $2-$3 per bid with a final bid of $47. For the final price I figured the price of the SEA (Airport) 3* @ $35 + $12 (parking). Hahaha, I was wrong!

I don't see much point going over the expected $35 airport by more than the $12 parking fee, I just had my heart set on a little variety this week :) If I bid 2 1/2* Renton Kent & I am denied, can I add the Airport zone and change my bid to a 3* only?

Thanks!

Alison

If I bid 2 1/2* Renton Kent & I am denied, can I add the Airport zone and change my bid to a 3* only?

Do you mean after you wait 72 hours? If so, yes, but you'll have to close the browser and re-access priceline from a brand new screen (as there is no way to 'uncheck' a zone or star level during a bidding cycle)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Acck! Tried again with 2 1/2 stars, bid up to $39, ran out of rebid zones. Started with Renton - Kent @ $32, added University District at $35 then Downtown @39. Must be a busy time in the Emerald City next week!

So, tried AGAIN,

3* Airport $35 - declined!

Added University Zone & increased to $38 - declined!

(husband started singing jeopardy tune)

Added Lynnwood zone & increased to $41 - ACCEPTED, DOUBLETREE SEA AIRPORT

(husband started plain out laughing at me)

I am obsessive... dang, would have been nice if I could at least won a DIFFERENT darn hotel. All that excitement for the Doubletree, but I do love their beds.

Sheesh!

Alison

(Do I change my original post title or write a whole new post for this win??)

Congratulations on your win... at least you found some success after all that work!

A good tip since you have two stays somewhat nearby each other... when checking out of the first stay use the front desk and say something like, "(Their Name), I really enjoyed my stay here last nite. I have another stay coming up in 5 weeks, i was wondering if you could do me a favor and put in a request for a room on a high floor (or whatever other requests you have) which i think would make my stay even more enjoyable next time."

Enjoy your stay(s) and the chocolate chip cookies! :)

PS- we've edited the title for you

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]