Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Seattle FAIL

cookofthehouse
By cookofthehouse,
in

I bid up to $105 on 3.5 star hotels for a Seattle weekend downtown-ish (Pike & Seattle Center) using all rebid zones.

I had low expectations as my research before hand on Priceline, Hotwire, and Expedia shows Seattle is PACKED that weekend. I'm surmising very few hotels are listing on Priceline, and if they are the price cut is minimal.

If you don't have to go that weekend, don't bother! No deals to be had here. :)

Thanks as always for this site making my research easy.

Cookofthehouse, I've been watching and bidding for the same dates, and today I finally figured out what might be disturbing the availability of rooms during that time period... There's a huge gaming conference called PAX that will have 60,000-70,000 people in town from August 25-27. UGH for us! So, I have a feeling hotels aren't going to be releasing too many rooms to priceline or hotwire for that time period. Maybe last minute, or not near the city center. Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info cwoods. What I ended up doing was getting the Larkspur Landing in Bellevue. They had 20% off if you stayed two nights. We were originally going to split our two nights between Chehalis/Olympia area (Garlic Fest) & Seattle, so I hadn't seen this discount in my first set of research. $79, FYI. Not too bad I suppose for a quick drive across the bridge.

Whatareyougonnado, right? :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]