Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Oahu (Waikiki Marina) Ala Moana

Softsoap
By Softsoap,
in

I hope I know this website before I bid on Priceline. I try to bid a 4* hotel in Honolulu during Christmas season for a while but no result. I thought there is no big different for a 3.5*. I didn't change bidding price and only add a 3.5* to critiria. I got Ala Moana Hotel. Then called hotel to confirm my room. I was told priceline booked the tiny room strict for 2 person in Kona Tower instead of nicer/bigger Wakiki Tower. The room regular price is $119/night rather than rest 3.5* is above $350/night. The hotel staff said Priceline may not have inventory of Waikiki Tower.

Just reminder for whoever wants bid Honolulu hotel, this Ala Moana Hotel room with priceline is not same star level hotel as others in Honolulu with Priceline inventory.( Check hotel review, please.) But it is mixed into other real 3.5* room. I believe if you bid for 3.5*, this tiny room will be mostly yours.

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the result. You may want to try asking again at check-in if there's any availability in the tower. If those are upgraded rooms normally though, they may charge a fee for the upgrade.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]