Priceline room requests

mark2000
By mark2000,
in

I understand only a Run of the House room is guaranteed with a Priceline bid - no explanation needed there. However, I have heard of people getting everything from rooms just slightly bigger than their bed, facing brick walls, to, corner rooms, with grand views.

My sense is that it probably all depends on availability.

I am arriving late Thursday night (10 PM) this Thursday at the Chicago Hilton.

Am I more likely to get a room I want (A king, rather than two doubles) by calling in the request tomorrow?

Or do you think I'm more likely to get it if I wait until Thursday night check in? For example, perhaps at check-in, all the Run of the House rooms are assigned first, then, they move up in quality as needed, to fill the remainder of reservations as the day goes on.

So what I am thinking, is if I did put an advance "special request" on the file, they might only minimally meet my needs - i.e. a king, but it will be on the 3rd floor, facing a brick wall.

But if I DON'T put in a request ahead, perhaps the most basic rooms will be gone and they will be FORCED to place me in an upgraded suite?

What do you think is the better strategy? I'd better phone in the request ASAP if people suggest I should call ahead!

Thanks all!

You may want to ask for a room facing East, even if on a lower floor. Those rooms actually facing straight East should have at least some park view, while those on the higher floors may have some lake view. I can't imagine the rooms in a number of other parts of the building have too much of a view.

I'd suggest Hackney's in Printer's Row nearby if you're looking for burgers and onion rings - they have an onion ring loaf. There's a coupon on their website if you join their email program (http://www.hackneys.net/, http://www.hackneys.net/locations/chicago/)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]