Any tips for getting preferred bed seleciton?

kjohn
By kjohn,
in

I know that hotwire occasionally let's you pay extra for the right to choose the bed type, but what if you can't select. Is it always random or is there a strategy? (ie. certain brands only use certain types of rooms for hotwire / priceline, etc..)

When I travel alone, I get two beds, and when I traveling with someone else, I get one bed. Or do they purposely see two guys and try to give me one bed?!

Occasionally, there are HOTWIRE listings with the "bed choice" option, but this feature is not seen very frequently. Otherwise, with HOTWIRE, if you indicate two people, you are likely going to get one bed. If you select more than two people - and two adults and two children is usually cheaper than 4 adults, but I'd suggest selecting four adults if your party is four adults - you are guaranteed bedding for the party. That could mean two beds, but could mean 1 + sofabed or other combination.

There is no way to "increase the odds" - one user could be successful at requesting two beds one week and another not the next. I'd suggest calling in advance and asking if two beds is possible. If a bed type is an upgrade, then you may have to negotiate or pay the difference between a regular room and the upgrade (or the hotel could say no.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...
I was going to ask a similar question - if I'm travelling with my sister and we want 2 beds - should I be searching for 3 adults instad of 2?

3 is one opinion, but searching for 2 adults and 2 children in an attempt to indicate four people will quite possibly result in cheaper options, given that 3 adults in many areas will cause extra person fees (for each adult after the first two) to be added into the price. Additionally, the options showing when searching for 2 definitely may differ from the options showing when searching for more than 2.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I was going to ask a similar question...

You did last month in this Hotwire Number of Beds thread :)

If you need help with an upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC, and please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]