I'm New and Looking for where to post my question

txgalnny
By txgalnny,
in

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this site. Though I have used PL a couple of times in the past, I'm eager to learn how to better use it. I'm now considering whether to use it to book a car rental for a trip to Jackson Hole, WY, Oct. 1-8 on PL or Hotwire. I'm trying to see if I can get a better handle on what rental agencies participate and if I can make sure the rental is available for pick up at the airport. I'm not sure where to post this request. Thanks ahead of time for any advice!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Priceline uses Alamo, Avis, National, Hertz, and Budget. Hotwire uses the same five, plus Enterprise.

Priceline and Hotwire both serve JAC airport.

If you'd like help with a rental car bid/purchase please post your dates and desired car class(es). A moderator will probably move this thread to the Car Rental section of the board.

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your purchases and searches.

I'll add to the above that unless all rental agencies are located in airport, there is no way to ensure a rental counter directly in the airport, it may be necessary to take the car rental's shuttle to their rental counter.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Destination - Jackson, WY. Dates of travel - Oct. 1-8. Car - Full Size. The best rate I've seen thus far is through our BJ's membership at $200 for the time period, unlimited mileage. The other question, in addition to how best to bid, is how do the sites handle adding a driver - or is that done at the counter? Thanks!

If there are two drivers Priceline may not be the best option. The companies can add a fee for an additional driver and that fee can vary by company. Since you can't know in advance which of the five companies will accept your bid it's impossible to project what the total cost will be.

I'm not sure if the savings will be worth giving up the flexibility of having two drivers, but it appears you need a bid of $20 to equal your back-up rate. Given you have some time, i'd start with $12, then increase by $2 every 24 hours until you hit your maximum bid (either $20 or whatever amount you deem to be appropriate to compensate for the possibility of needing to pay more for a 2nd driver)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck. Keep us updated and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]