Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Andaz

Bevin
By Bevin,
in

My wife and I will travel to SF and stay for 2 Night. It's our first time there so we don't know the area well but I am looking for a hotel for 08/11/2001-08/13/2011 somewhere near Fisherman Wharf/Dowtown Area. So i am guessing Fisherman Wharf (Preferred), USE, USW or Embarcadero would be fine. Looking to spend around $150 a Night for 3 Stars or better. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Welcome to the board, Bevin.

Checking the Priceline Calendar of Wins I see only three bidders have reported SF wins for your dates...at $165, $190, and $200. Availability is TIGHT.

Those were 4* and 3.5* wins. $150 might be enough for a 3* then, if not higher.

Since Fisherman's Wharf is your preferred zone you should try that first, then bid the Downtown zones if no luck in FW. 3.5* is the highest rating offered in FW.

First for 3.5* in FW, you have FIVE rebid zones. Those are zones that only have less than 3.5* quality hotels. If you need help determining your free rebids please ask.

Click this PRICELINE link, then bid $125 for 3.5* in FW. If rejected add your rebid zones one at a time, raising $5 with each, up to $150.

If that fails then try for 3* in FW. You only have ONE rebid zone for 3* in SF and that's Marina-Lombard.

First exit Priceline, close your browser, and start over from the PRICELINE link. Bid $135 for a 3* in FW. If rejected add Marina-Lombard and bid $150.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. If it doesn't fly we'll talk about Downtown.

No luck with 3.5 Star even with $155. I tried 3 star for $140 but haven't rebid yet. I found this deal on Last Minute Travel for $149/Night 4.5 Star, which seem to be the Hyatt in Embarcadero (I guess because the pictures show that it's Hyatt and i check Hyatt website of that location and reveal same pictures). Parking for this hotel is $59/Night. Do u think i should just go with this deal instead?

Thanks.

With "On Request" listings LMT has to contact the hotel and see if they'll accept the offer. It can take up to 24 hours to hear back. If you can get the Hyatt for $149 that's terrific. It probably beats PL and HW. But it's a maybe.

Were your $155/3.5* and $140/3* bids in Fisherman's Wharf only? Have you done any bidding Downtown?

Before you contact LMT about the Hyatt I would try bidding up to the $149 LMT price on PRICELINE first....because you'll get a yes or no immediately. Why wait 24 hours for a reply if you don't have to?

With "On Request" listings LMT has to contact the hotel and see if they'll accept the offer. It can take up to 24 hours to hear back. If you can get the Hyatt for $149 that's terrific. It probably beats PL and HW. But it's a maybe.

Were your $155/3.5* and $140/3* bids in Fisherman's Wharf only? Have you done any bidding Downtown?

Before you contact LMT about the Hyatt I would try bidding up to the $149 LMT price on PRICELINE first....because you'll get a yes or no immediately. Why wait 24 hours for a reply if you don't have to?

Thanks for all your help. We've decided to go to SD instead and successfully booked a 4 Star Hotel in SD.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]